Divers Photograph Unknown Creature in Florida

Paranormalis

Think outside the mind
HOMOSASSA, Fla. — A Florida couple are asking for help trying to identify the underwater creature they photographed in Citrus County.

Jen Carter told Cryptozoology News that she and her boyfriend were scalloping with friends when they came across the animal in the shallow waters of the Gulf of Mexico.

“My boyfriend found this thing. It was way bigger than a normal scallop and when he went to grab it, part of it came out of the shell, ” she said.

Carter, who submitted the photograph taken by her boyfriend, says that the creature had “a little mouth” and that as it came out of the shell it “tried to bite” the man.

The image shows a long-necked being with an apparent scaleless gray skin. From the angle the picture was taken, no eyes can be seen on its head.

The shell, says Carter, was about 8 inches long.

The creature shows its head and teeth as Carter’s boyfriend snaps a photograph. Credit: Jen Carter

The woman says that, so far, no one has been able to identify the creature.

“The FWC (Florida Fish and Water Conservation) said maybe it was invasive but didn’t know. I have since talked to our scalloping guide and he thinks it might be multiple creatures. He mentioned a lizard fish living in a tube worm shell. I looked those up and they are nothing like this. Still unsure what it is and have yet to get a positive ID from anyone,” explained Carter, adding that she hopes that Cryptozoology News readers can come up with a solution to the mystery.

The post Divers Photograph Unknown Creature in Florida appeared first on Cryptozoology News.

TimeFlipper

I heard from Miss Piggy that Kermit the Frog went missing a while back...Could this be him, if it is he turned blue from the cold bless him :eek::D