Do Eclipses Damage our Eyes?

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
They always told us to never look at an eclipse because they'll burn our eyes. Many, recently, are calling BS and looking anyway.
(This is a statement, not a suggestion, so don't sue me if you go blind). There is an eclipse coming on April 8th. Are you gonna look?
NASA is also sending up a probe.

8thsinner

They always told us to never look at an eclipse because they'll burn our eyes. Many, recently, are calling BS and looking anyway.
(This is a statement, not a suggestion, so don't sue me if you go blind). There is an eclipse coming on April 8th. Are you gonna look?
NASA is also sending up a probe.

Yeah, they tell us not to look at the sun under normal circumstances either, but like all gov supported bullshit theres usually lies and omissions and truths upside down or back to front, or both...

When there wasn't so many chemtrails in the sky I would happily stare at the sun for up to 25 minutes a day at the correct times.
And by correct I mean the during times when UV is refracted off the ionosphere and causes no damage to the ocular region whatsoever.

I am not actually sure if theres any UV if theres an eclipse, I have no way to measure it, but after a couple of years sungazing you learn to feel the difference pretty rapidly. But I don't even care so much to look at eclipses even if I could see it from where I am, we don't get a lot of them with 100% coverage. But given the health benefits I've received from sungazing if I did catch it I'd probably be looking, I would be curious if the portal is still available even though it's technically hidden.

8thsinner

I ordered some glasses, just in case, but this is just a topic I was pondering. We can't really look at the sun, either. It's just too bright.
It's only bright because you have been trained to avoid it. After the third maybe fourth day of sungazing you learn it isn't really that bright, at least not when its uv is refracted. But it probably helps when your learning to avoid the threshold point and stick to times closer to sunset or sunrise. Its the uv burning you at other times that make you think it's too bright. But even when I was done it only took maybe 15-20 seconds before I could read a text on the phone without any blur or anything. Its not much different from looking at a car light or spot light of some sort.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
It's only bright because you have been trained to avoid it. After the third maybe fourth day of sungazing you learn it isn't really that bright, at least not when its uv is refracted. But it probably helps when your learning to avoid the threshold point and stick to times closer to sunset or sunrise. Its the uv burning you at other times that make you think it's too bright. But even when I was done it only took maybe 15-20 seconds before I could read a text on the phone without any blur or anything. Its not much different from looking at a car light or spot light of some sort.

I'm also blue eyed --- more sensitive to light. I wear sunglasses even on cloudy days.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Well I don't expect you to start sungazing, but I would say expect to blink and tear up the first four days or so, it was about 3 days for me when I started. But do your own research. I enjoy the practice when chance aligns.

I'm just saying blue eyed people are more susceptible to damage.

"Melanin in the iris of the eye appears to help protect the back of the eye from damage caused by UV radiation and high-energy visible ("blue") light from sunlight and artificial sources of these rays.

Because blue eyes contain less melanin than green, hazel or brown eyes, they may be more susceptible to damage from UV and blue light."

Source: Is Everyone With Blue Eyes Related?

Ok, looks like I talked myself out of taking a peek without protection.

MODAT7

That got me thinking... most UV would come from the body of the sun and not the corona. There's probably some UV reflected off the corona, but it's likely to be minimal. A partial eclipse could still be damaging, but a total eclipse would block most of that. My sunglasses also claim to block most UV, but I kinda doubt it.

Anyone got a UV meter?

8thsinner

That got me thinking... most UV would come from the body of the sun and not the corona. There's probably some UV reflected off the corona, but it's likely to be minimal. A partial eclipse could still be damaging, but a total eclipse would block most of that. My sunglasses also claim to block most UV, but I kinda doubt it.

Anyone got a UV meter?
Nope
Otherwise I might be out testing the concept.

My concern would be whether or not there is a kind of lens effect from the outer atmosphere of the moon pulling in any uv to a central point, ie, us. Theres also the electromagnetics of any solar activity possibly interfering.