Do you guys think it's time for Paranormalis to get a mobile app?

Num7

Administrator
Staff
In light of the latest update of the forum software I installed on the forum, I don't think it's worth it to re-enable Tapatalk.

The only thing it had that the mobile web version didn't was push notifications. With Xenforo 2.1, we now have those push notifications. They're a native feature of the forum software. All you have to do is enable them. The forum will invite you to do so next time you visit.

Man I love Xenforo! :alien:

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith
Do this:

Those two changes take care of most of the things people want an app for.

IIf you use an app "service", know that all of those companies can only be profitable by selling more than just what you're purchasing from them. Look at what happened to TapaTalk (what a fucking mess)... At this point, no site owner who values their community at all should be installing something that gives some other company complete control and access to their database.

There are other solutions out there, but most of them are really just stripped down browsers that load the website anyways.

TheMedic2001

Do this:

Those two changes take care of most of the things people want an app for.

IIf you use an app "service", know that all of those companies can only be profitable by selling more than just what you're purchasing from them. Look at what happened to TapaTalk (what a fucking mess)... At this point, no site owner who values their community at all should be installing something that gives some other company complete control and access to their database.

There are other solutions out there, but most of them are really just stripped down browsers that load the website anyways.
In that case its better not to have an app at all.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Installed the Home Screen plugin, it works wonders. @SanicHotdog This should be close, if not exactly what you wished for.

And the push notifications are enabled since we moved up to XF2.1. They work great.

Thanks for the tip, @Cosmo , it's a great add-on that deserves more attention. :)

Angelface239

I think the forum would have more activity if we had a mobile app. Also it would be a better way to get notified on stuff that are happening on the forum. What do u guys think?
I think that would be useful so if people did not want to go or open up a web broweser they can you on the app store and dowload the app for this webiste.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
As explained above, the Home Screen plugin invites you to add Paranormalis to your smartphone's home screen. Once added, it'll open in it's own app, independently from your web browser. And it supports push notifications.

It's exactly like an app.

I use it everyday and it works perfectly. :)