Do you know time travel enthusiasts outside of the Internet?

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I don't know anyone in person that talks about such things. However, I have seen cars with license plate holders that say "My other car is a TARDIS", so they're definitely around. lol

I have a marquee style one that says that.....AND I brake for tailgaters... AND Use your turn signal!!! (Doesn't help. Nobody here uses the darn thing).

decade_later

Same as what everyone else has said really. I have tried to tell my Mom about Titor but unless its on Sky News, she won't believe lol (even when I tell her that stuff on mainstream news is twisted and carefully selected haha)

Judastitor

Haha! Okay, I'm surprised that up to now, I'm the only one who actually got to talk about time travel / John Titor with a few people in real life without them telling me I'm weird!!

I definitely didn't expect that.
I know of a place where it is a very serious discussion, one in which people's actions speak louder than their words.

Judastitor

Okay. Can you tell us more about this place?
Yes, it is a military base in the southeast United States. It was formerly located on the Georgia / Alabama border, but I believe that it has been moved to Mississippi and is currently transitioning to Florida.

Khaos

where the wild things are
I know a few people who believe time travel is possible, but they agree that time traveling from our current present to the future or past puts you into an alternate universe. That there is no probable or possible way to travel into our own universe past or future. I agree with that myself. Considering how many possible actions one can take in this current present. I could edit this post and say The right now. And then edit it ten minutes later to instead say Them. But can you really travel backwards to before I said The? Probably not. Most likely you could travel to an alternate universe where I don't even post this message or I say They or I say nothing at all, but just a blank message, or maybe I'm under a different username posting the same message.

Confusing isn't it? So many different ways for something in this universe to take shape. I mean, take a ball hitting a window. There is the chance it will break the window or bounce off the window. That right there is a "alternate universe" in one universe it breaks, in another it bounces. Can you really go to the future in this present universe and determine what happens? You'd have to go to both universe's to find out.

Though if you want my extended opinion on the subject of time travel outside the internet. I think time travel is up there with slender man. Its an internet only thing, with rare mention outside of the internet through various social groups, conventions and most of it being with films, books, video games and other enterainment/media productions.

Last edited:

Ayasano

That there is no probable or possible way to travel into our own universe past or future.

Actually, the most probable methods of time travel (based on current theories of physics, ie. GR and QM) do involve staying in the same universe. It basically amounts to creating a loop in time, known as a closed timelike curve. Unfortunately it also probably means you can't change the past. The loops always exist in that location in spacetime, so the universe only "plays out" once, including all the time travel that will ever happen. The only thing that ever changes is how you view an event, so paradoxes aren't an issue.

Rosco..Jones

The concept of time travel requires a somewhat different perspective on the idea of "time" than the common core belief of the present moment point being the only thing that is "real", with the past being done and gone and the future existing only in our imagination. In order for time travel to be a possibility, probable pasts and futures must exist now simultaneously with the present. Time emerges from within each moment point as all possibilities are explored. From these we select which probabilities are actualized and experienced physically. The possibilities not chosen, from our perspective, are just as real and exist in parallel realities.

Physical time travel involves a change in temporal location, moving to a location that is separated by time rather than physical distance. Kind of like going from one city to another physically. Both exist now, but you select one to be located in. These would be probable pasts or futures. There is no one linear timeline leading to the past or future. It is more of a probability field matrix / probability cloud. Travel can also occur sideways in time to alternate presents.

Note: Some UFOs are examples of time travel and not from extraterrestrial locations.

Changing the past is a possibility. Every time we remember a specific past event in our lives we remember it differently. At the time of each recollection these differences have a different effect upon our present actions. In effect we are choosing from a variety of different probable pasts. We do change the past all the time in our daily lives. On the other hand, events happening now in the past can produce physical changes in our present. Simultaneous time can get complicated.

Non-physical time travel is much easier. Time is a psychological distance rather than a physical one. Our waking consciousness is focused in the physical/temporal moment. In dreams and altered states of consciousness our focus does not have this restriction. Future probabilities can be explored and choices made as to which we would like to experience physically. Regressive episodes in which we peek in on parts of lives in the past we are connected with are also possible.

What is or is not possible for each of us all depends upon our belief systems.
Reality is whatever you believe it to be.

I don't know anyone in person that talks about such things. However, I have seen cars with license plate holders that say "My other car is a TARDIS", so they're definitely around. lol
Yeah, and pretty much anyone who was into Fringe is probably open to discussing time travel, parallel universes and pretty much any weird theory you can throw at them (except for aliens of course, cuz you know, if you didn't see it on TV, it mustn't be real ) ;b