Duterte in Trouble

Carl Miller

@Miscellaneous

What a heck of a confusion! This is definitely undesirible. In a political turmoil a country does not grow. Insecurity being installed the economy goes down and Dollar tends to go high.

Miscellaneous

10B php funds for the rebuilding of Marawi: Breaking News | Philstar Mobile
Translation: It'll take us years to complete this project. Expanding from one president to another just like Yolanda/ Haiyan.
Duterte: I’ll follow any SC ruling on martial law

This one has some Tagalog in it so I'll copy-paste and translate the whole article because I want to :D
MANILA – President Rodrigo Duterte on Friday threatened to have a former Marawi City Mayor killed for his alleged involvement in the ongoing siege in the conflict-stricken city.

Speaking before troops in Sultan Kudarat, Duterte singled out former Marawi City Mayor Omar Solitario Ali, whose name is on the arrest order released by the Department of National Defense this week.

The list names 186 terrorists, spies, couriers and other associates linked to attacks in Marawi City and other parts of Mindanao.
The President recalled his recent phone call with Ali, a member of his political party Partido Demokratiko Pilipino- Lakas ng Bayan (PDP-Laban) (which translates to the Democratic Party of the Filipino—Strength of the Country), where he gave the latter a mouthful.

“Sabi ko, p*******, ano ka ba? Kampi ka sa gobyerno o kalaban tayo? Kasi sabi ko pinapahuli ka ni [Defense Secretary Delfin] Lorenzana, p**** i**, ipapatay talaga kita,” Duterte said in a speech before soldiers at a military camp in Sultan Kudarat.
(I said, [mentions bad word], what the hell? Are you an ally of the government or an enemy? Because I said Defense Secretary Delfin Lorenzana is hunting you down. [mentions bad word]."

Ali’s brother, Fajad Salic, was arrested Wednesday on rebellion charges. Salic, also a former Marawi City mayor, was also included in the arrest order.
Duterte said he had told Ali to first clear his name before Defense Secretary and martial law administrator Delfin Lorenzana before they could continue communicating with each other.

“Sabi ko, kung ma-areglo mo si [Lorenzana], tapos ma-clear mo ‘yung pangalan mo, hindi ka talaga kasali diyan sa p**** i**** gulo na ‘yan, bago pa tayo mag-usap,” he said.
"I said, if you have a meeting with Lorenzana and you got your name cleared then you're not part of that [mentions bad word] problem, then we can talk."

In the arrest orders, Lorenzana said members of terrorist group committed rebellion by "publicly taking arms against the duly constituted authorities for the purpose of removing Mindanao from the territory of the Government of the Philippines" and attempting to place the island under the control of international terror group Islamic State.
The personalities were also subject to arrest for "indiscriminately killing, kidnapping, perpetuating bombings in Marawi City and some parts of Mindanao, and sowing terror in the populace," the document read.
Salic and Ali are just some of the locals being accused of backing the entry into Marawi City of local terrorist groups who have pledged allegiance to ISIS.
Government had earlier said the terrorist Maute and Abu Sayyaf groups, allegedly aided by foreign jihadists, were planning to establish an Islamic State wilayat (province) in Mindanao.
Lorenzana issued the arrest order through his authority as administrator of martial law in Mindanao, which Duterte had declared on May 23.

The president issued the proclamation and suspended the privilege of the writ of habeas corpus in Mindanao hours after clashes erupted between government forces and extremists on the same day.
In his speech, Duterte again lambasted locals for supposedly allowing and harboring extremists.

“Ang ayaw ko, nagalit ako sa mga Maranao kay ganito. Bakit ninyo pinayagan pumasok ang ISIS?” he said.
"I hate that, I got angry with the Maranao because of this. Why did you allow ISIS to enter?"

Clashes in Marawi City began as state forces were attempting to arrest top Abu Sayyaf leader Isnilon Hapilon. Local terror groups had planned attacks days earlier, as seen in a video obtained by the military.
More than 200,000 residents have fled the city, while at least 209 have died, among them 134 terrorists, 45 troops and 30 civilians.
Source: Duterte calls out ex-Marawi mayor linked to siege

alpha centauri

I am not an expert on the Philipines. But I think that that is controlled by some group from another country or countries, too. (maybe Saudi-Arabia and allies)

My solution would be the abolishment of the bank secrecy. So you can see who finances these salafist muslim groups and ISIS but also you can see other corruption that take place. In my opinion, the most politicians are corrupt, so it would be harmful for themselves and it will not happen.

The Philipines were controlled through drugs, similar to Latin America at the moment and China in the past (opium). Duterte fought this.

Someone earned a lot of money through this drug business. I mean how does those drugs get their way into the philipines?
And those parties could be angry and want revenge.
Where did it end with China after they fought opium trade? Fast economic development. I think the development of the Philipines would be similar in the future.