Easter Ghost

Thalassa

This happened when I was about sixteen years old, one Easter when I was staying with my Grandparents. My Grandparents live the countryside, in a house that was built about 1900, and used to serve as the village post office. For the week I had stayed strange things had been happening - the lights came on in the garage when the place was locked, we heard the doorbell ring and no-one was there (and this was in front of three people and a dog, there is also no way that anyone could have done it and not been seen), and I didn't like being in the garden as I was convinced I saw large animals out of the corner of my eye. One morning my grandfather left to go and get his teeth seen to in another town (my Uncle is a dentist), leaving me, my aunt, my grandmother and the dog in the house. Later that morning my Aunt called up the stairs that they were waiting in the car for me as we were going to take the dog for a walk, I was sitting in my room putting my shoes on, and I heard the back door bang and then silence.
As I was tying my laces I heard the sound of something at the bottom of the stairs that seemed to be coming closer; it was a slow shuffling noise that reminded me of an elderly person, frail and out of breath and wearing heavy old fashioned clothing (a long purple robe which dragged) coming up the stairs. I called out for my Aunt.
No response
I called out for my Grandmother
No response
I even called the dog
He didn't come running, and he was meant to be in the car.
The sound came closer and then stopped; by this time I was staring at the landing at the top of the stairs which I could see from where I was sitting on the bed. Something came into the room; it was white, wore a hood which covered its face, and seemed to float with where its legs should have been, ending in a ragged point; it also seemed to have something round its neck like a scarf which stuck out behind it. It (fortunately) took no notice of me, glided past me, and then vanished into the attic door behind me.

A few years later my Grandparents had the upstairs of the house renovated, and the attic room turned into a bathroom. My grandmother showed me the renovations, and said guardedly that she didn't like coming in here to bathe. I asked why, and she said hesitantly that she heard scratching noises, "but its probably mice". I could well logically be mice, I just find it strange that it occurs in that room where I saw the ghost. I know my grandmother, she has probably seen more, but as my grandfather is the type of man that wont let his wife have any other beliefs than his own, she wont say. Needless to say on that visit there was no way I was sleeping in that room; I didn't like it when my mother asked me to get her something as I felt like I was being watched, and I used to shut the door whenever I found it open.