Debunking Emerald Tablets of Thoth the Atlantean

Khaos

where the wild things are
Thank you for asking Opmur.

I fear I'm about to be banned for providing an opposing view in a thread not tagged as "debate."

Nah... Num usually just moves the topic into another topic and adds a debate icon. I've done this several times, nothing bad ever happened to me. Well there was that one time I was banned for a week, but that had nothing to do with this scenario...

Num isn't as anal and nazi like they are at the Cafe. :p

Harte

Thanks Num.

I know this is off-ttopic and I'll get back on, but could you tell me something?

In order to respond to an OP like this one in the manner I did, should I have simply started a debate thread on it and hoped to be joined there? Should I maybe have copied the OP and pasted it to the new thread?

It's sort of a gray area for me.

EDIT: I note no responses in this thread concerning my prior post full of questions. It's been almost 24 hours. In that sort of situation, it would be easy to think that a thread labeled "debunk" is simply a dead end for skeptics to go to to die.

Harte

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Yeah, you could have started a new thread with the proper prefix, quote the OP's post and include a link to the original thread. That way it's clear that this new discussion shares the same origins as the OP's discussion. That reminds me that I didn't include a link in your first post. I'll fix that right away.

About the lack of new responses. The original discussion didn't have new replies either, so I'm not too worried for now. That sort of thread usually stay around as long as the other one remains active.

Harte

If I start such a thread, maybe I can cover a topic like this along with some related stuff - like I tried to steer this towards alchemy, the original genre of the "tablet" in question.

Then I could just talk tio myself until somebody finally chimed in. LOL

Harte

Khaos

where the wild things are
EDIT: I note no responses in this thread concerning my prior post full of questions. It's been almost 24 hours. In that sort of situation, it would be easy to think that a thread labeled "debunk" is simply a dead end for skeptics to go to to die.

Harte

Oh well I agree with you. So there is no need for me to counter your questions and turn this into a debate about what is fact and what is fiction. I knew this Emerald Tablet was a hoax by a simple google search :p

Harte

Harte

Oh well I agree with you. So there is no need for me to counter your questions and turn this into a debate about what is fact and what is fiction. I knew this Emerald Tablet was a hoax by a simple google search :p
Okay. But what do you make of the 6th Century version?

Harte