Energy - Is there hope?

thenumbersix

Re: Energy - Is there hope?

the Honda development was more directed toward splitting water into hydrogen & oxygen to make hydrogen fuel a real possibility, will try and find a link. I remember the work was being carried out on an island somewhere, coincidentally with an unusually large amount of rainfall and/or hydroelectricity.

Lucidus

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"thenumbersix\")</div>
the Honda development was more directed toward splitting water into hydrogen & oxygen to make hydrogen fuel a real possibility, will try and find a link. I remember the work was being carried out on an island somewhere, coincidentally with an unusually large amount of rainfall and/or hydroelectricity.[/b]

Yes, you are right, hydrogen can be produced this way, but then you have the question of were the electricity comes from to split the water. You can of course get it from wind, solar, hydroelectric, geothermal,nuclear, etc. etc. But not on the scale that we need to replace fossil fuels. In any case, why bother using electricity to make hydrogen to power cars when you could just build electric cars?

thenumbersix

I think they were aware of that and were looking at ways to split water cheaply, basically trying to cheapen the process (energy wise). The hydroelectricity refrerence was just the location, it is the most water abundant place on Earth, or something like that...no doubt symbolic that they chose this place to work in or the presenter of the story just made it up ?

The_Ruffneck

i like the idea of the whole water thing but in reality if every car/vechile in a major city used this format it'd be permanently foggy and the roads would all be extremely wet both causing many accidents

the government should reverse engineer UFO craft to see what their energy is derived from or create better solar panel technology

thenumbersix

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"The_Ruffneck\")</div>
i like the idea of the whole water thing but in reality if every car/vechile in a major city used this format it'd be permanently foggy and the roads would all be extremely wet both causing many accidents

the government should reverse engineer UFO craft to see what their energy is derived from or create better solar panel technology[/b]

The cities are already permanently foggy, except this fog is literally taking years off of our lives, our cities here are usually wet most of the time also. There aren't massive pile ups everywhere whenever it rains, lol.

Besides, this seems like a good new form of natural selection - If you're daft enough to do 100 plus down the motorway in torrential rain then frankly you deserve to be removed from the gene pool.

Am only guessing but do you live in a sunny country ?

If we can reverse engineer a UFO I think we can come up with a working water drainage system a bit quicker, just a thought ;D

Lucidus

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"The_Ruffneck\")</div>

the government should reverse engineer UFO craft to see what their energy is derived from or create better solar panel technology[/b]

You may be interested to know Ruffneck that cars already produce equal amounts of carbondioxide and water vapor. The average car produces its weight in carbon (and therefore also in water) in a single year.

StarLord

I think they were aware of that and were looking at ways to split water cheaply, basically trying to cheapen the process (energy wise). The hydroelectricity refrerence was just the location, it is the most water abundant place on Earth, or something like that...no doubt symbolic that they chose this place to work in or the presenter of the story just made it up ?[/b]

Theres our whole problem! We should be spliting the Beer Atom instead. Anybody have Yahoo Seriously's tele # handy?

The_Ruffneck

Am only guessing but do you live in a sunny country ?
[/b]

Yes , Australia about 800 mm rain each year here.When it does rain the roads are extremely slick because they have built up oil on them which has not had the chance to get off the road with the rain for a while.

Anyway i heard somewhere UFO's were powered by electromagnets , that might be an option.