Equation for the lowest point in space time.

DadOf5

Originally posted by CaryP@Sep 22 2004, 07:54 PM
Iggy,

You're a good and intelligent kid. I like you. What you have to understand is that most people here don't care about a bunch of equations. Sorry to be the one to break the news to you, but really, we're not a bunch of Einsteinian types sitting around trying to figure out the universe. You want a better response to your posts? Try something the \"average\" person would respond to. Posting your equations is not the way to reach the masses. ?Very few, if any, care about that. Post something that people in general will care about, math ain't it, neither is physics, chemistery or the general sciences. I don't know how to put it any more plain than that. Keep trying bucko. You're a good kid.

Cary

Iggy,

Cary is partly right here, but I think that the forum is big enough to handle a few equations, especially here in the theories part of it. Just don't expect a big response to it. Cary is right, I think, in that most people don't understand or care to understand math or physics all that much. However, we're gaining new members everyday, and some of them may have an interest in it. So, go ahead and keep thinking and churning out your thoughts; you never know when someone may be intrigued with them. Just don't be discouraged or upset if not everyone responds to them.

Oh, and explaining your equations as you did in your above post does help math dummies like me understand what you're trying to get across. :D

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith

Yeah, that helped make a little more sense of it. My question now is why would we need to know this though....

iooqxpooi

Oh, just for fun. I mean, when one comes up with something, no matter how useless it is, as long as it is in the form of an equation, he posts it. Or writes it in a paper, so he doesn't forget it. :p

StarLord

I dont thin so homey. Aren't you forgetting basic laws here? In space, you could have a planet the size of all out planets put together and unless it was A: already moving, it would be stationary. B: Being or having gravatational forces exerted upon it by another Larger mass like the Sun would 'draw it along'.

Fundamental laws state that a body IN MOTION tends to stay in that motion unless otherwise affected by something out side itself. In space there is no up or down. If that mass is just sitting there, and there is no gravity affecting it, it cannot 'Fall' to any where.

You have not listed all the components of the dimension. It is MEST Matter, Energy, Space and Time

Are you perhaps trying to describe just how much space is WARPED because of mass and the velocity? I have seen this kind of thing in Hawkings book on physics for the layman.

iooqxpooi

Curved space-time. People nowadays call it warped, but in the relativity book, I read that it was curved...I am telling of the lowest point here.

StarLord

Yeah but SO WHAT? Stephen Hawking has already done this.

Better you should discover a super glue that is really super that works underwater and of course is water proof. Now that would help humanity would it not?

iooqxpooi

S.H. hasn't done this! If he has, it is probably with calculus and that fancy schmancy stuff...:p

StarLord

Are you going to make me go search my Hawking collection??

OK now I remember and know why I liked this book so much. There is not a single equation in the whole book "The Universe In A Nutshel" It has awesome pictures and explains things that an everyday normal kind of guy can understand.

So, you want to grow up and be as smart as Stephen Hawking don't you???

Why not try skipping the equations and just explain them when you post to Stephen Hawking?

That will give you plenty of time to go make PBJ Sandwiches for everybody here.