EVP

PoisonApple

Badass ☆。*♡✧*。
Zenith
Have you ever recorded an EVP? If so, feel free to share it with us. We can discuss them, maybe even try to debunk them...
:)

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith

Ayasano

At 5 seconds it sounds like someone taking a deep breath while sobbing. But I can hear the little girl's voice at 4 seconds. Enhanced version sounds like the girl is saying "Who's John?" or "Where's John"

Strange.

Is that in the first recording or the second? As mentioned in the other thread where we discussed these recordings, I could barely make out laughing and a conversation between a man and a woman in the background of the second unenhanced recording, so it's possible that might have led to some confusion, unless you're talking about a different sound. (I couldn't identify any singing in any of the recordings even with a headset on, just the woman laughing while she talks to the man)

Listening to the second unenhanced one this is what I hear:
00:00-00:01 A woman in the background laughing
00:01-00:03 Someone saying "Maybe you can tell us why you're here?"
00:03 A man says something I can't quite catch
00:03-00:04 The woman says "Yeah, that's a different person entirely"
00:04-00:06 The man says something I can't catch, ending with something like "commotion" or "promotion"

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Just to clarify, it is actually better to have live humans speaking when recording to help you determine if it's paranormal. Also, what I think is singing, someone else thinks is crying.... It's in the background. It's not a whisper. It sounds like it was really happening there IMHO, so maybe don't listen for something "hidden" or whispery. ???

Ayasano

Just to clarify, it is actually better to have live humans speaking when recording to help you determine if it's paranormal. Also, what I think is singing, someone else thinks is crying.... It's in the background. It's not a whisper. It sounds like it was really happening there IMHO, so maybe don't listen for something "hidden" or whispery. ???

What is the exact timecode of the sound you're referring to for each recording?

It's worth noting that your mindset can actually change what you hear, up to and including sounds that aren't there at all. For example, if you listen to pure white noise for long enough, you start to hear things in it. (Piano melodies, in my case, though they tend to be very dischordant) I've never had the chance to test it, but I bet if you told someone there was a particular sound mixed in with white noise, they would start to hear it because their mind expects to hear it. (I have no friends who would not think I'm crazy talking about a test like that, heh)

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith

What is the exact timecode of the sound you're referring to for each recording?

It's worth noting that your mindset can actually change what you hear, up to and including sounds that aren't there at all. For example, if you listen to pure white noise for long enough, you start to hear things in it. (Piano melodies, in my case, though they tend to be very dischordant) I've never had the chance to test it, but I bet if you told someone there was a particular sound mixed in with white noise, they would start to hear it because their mind expects to hear it. (I have no friends who would not think I'm crazy talking about a test like that, heh)

The first one is at :04. I'll have to listen to them again soon. (Have to dig up my headphones).

Khaos

where the wild things are

At 5 seconds it sounds like someone taking a deep breath while sobbing. But I can hear the little girl's voice at 4 seconds. Enhanced version sounds like the girl is saying "Who's John?" or "Where's John"

Strange.

Is that in the first recording or the second? As mentioned in the other thread where we discussed these recordings, I could barely make out laughing and a conversation between a man and a woman in the background of the second unenhanced recording, so it's possible that might have led to some confusion, unless you're talking about a different sound. (I couldn't identify any singing in any of the recordings even with a headset on, just the woman laughing while she talks to the man)

Listening to the second unenhanced one this is what I hear:
00:00-00:01 A woman in the background laughing
00:01-00:03 Someone saying "Maybe you can tell us why you're here?"
00:03 A man says something I can't quite catch
00:03-00:04 The woman says "Yeah, that's a different person entirely"
00:04-00:06 The man says something I can't catch, ending with something like "commotion" or "promotion"

First recording. Not the singing girl recording, the talking girl recording.

John? Really? I didn't catch what she was saying.

Yes that is what it sounds like. I've spent a great deal with EVP's. I have what they call "selective hearing" I can block out other sounds, voices and focus on one singular voice or sound.. Which is what I do for EVP's and other things. Play six songs at once and I can select one and listen to it, and even recite the lyrics.

Ayasano

I have what they call "selective hearing" I can block out other sounds, voices and focus on one singular voice or sound.. Which is what I do for EVP's and other things. Play six songs at once and I can select one and listen to it, and even recite the lyrics.

I thought everyone could do that? I mean, you don't physically stop hearing it, you just discard the other information.