Exceptions in Scientific Laws?

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
"That is really intriguing. I wonder if it would be possible to catch the forces created by spinning an object in that way. I can't really think of ways to use this, but it is interesting. "

What you are witnessing is a phenomena that is identical to the nuclear weak force. The nuclear weak force governs spin.

So now do we make something up using the scientific method? Not my way. I just come up with a testable theory to investigate what I see with my eyes. If the theory is wrong, it gets shit canned. And on to something else.

The theory I want to investigate is the possibility that space itself may be spinning.

Treversal

Labeling something as a law means it is considered to always happens. However, it is always possible that there is some kind of exception that we aren't aware of at this time. One example I would use is flipping a coin. Anyone you ask will tell you a coin has a 50/50 chance of landing on either heads or tails. But one time I flipped a coin it landed on the side in between heads and tail, getting lodged in the dirt. These minor exceptions are the ones I'm asking about.

What law of physics, thermodynamics, or any other have you found an exception in? Could you explain what experiment or thoughts caused this exception and how do you think it could be used?

Treversal

"That is really intriguing. I wonder if it would be possible to catch the forces created by spinning an object in that way. I can't really think of ways to use this, but it is interesting. "

What you are witnessing is a phenomena that is identical to the nuclear weak force. The nuclear weak force governs spin.

So now do we make something up using the scientific method? Not my way. I just come up with a testable theory to investigate what I see with my eyes. If the theory is wrong, it gets shit canned. And on to something else.

The theory I want to investigate is the possibility that space itself may be spinning.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Just out of curiosity, how did the intermediate axis theorem cause you to think space might be rotating? Also, how would you go about designing an experiment to discover this?

It was the idea that maybe we are witnessing two independent spin states. So I took it a step further and applied a model of force I came across in previous observations. Positive spin causes repulsion and negative spin causes attraction. Two independent spin states does suggest the possibility of a dipole force. Did you see the spinning wingnut? No matter which way the wingnut orients itself, it's like it is dragged along in a vortex of spinning space.

By attaching lab grade accelerometers to an experimental object spinning on its intermediate axis. The accelerometers could be used to verify the existence of negative spin.

Harte

I guess that was a misconception I made. While going through school I found that almost all professors/teachers taught everything as if it were fact. While most information taught in schools is reliable, it still irks me that the only teacher I had that mentioned everything is theory was my high school chemistry teacher.
Well, most of the things you learn in high school science ARE facts. I explained about Boyle's Law. There's all the electrical stuff that happens in high school physics as well, like Ohm's Law and Faraday's Law and Lenz's Law. Those are immutable facts of circuitry and electromagnetic induction. Obviously, quantum fluctuations might cause the calculations to be slightly off, but not to a degree measurable by anyone that hasn't spent a million dollars on equipment capable of detecting the difference. And fluctuations are just that - not predictable - so the Laws still stand even with them.

That is really intriguing. I wonder if it would be possible to catch the forces created by spinning an object in that way. I can't really think of ways to use this, but it is interesting.
"Spinning an object in that way?" What object? What way?

Harte

Inferno

Well, most of the things you learn in high school science ARE facts.
That's what I was trying to say when I said they were reliable. But there's always a chance we missed something so obscure and minor that it ultimately doesn't matter when it comes to calculations.
"Spinning an object in that way?" What object? What way?
That was me not understanding something. I'm not responsible for what past me does, that guy is an idiot.