Extreme Weather

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
the new norm: extreme weather
121005.MT.thunderstorm.jpg

ORIGINAL CAPTION: MONTANA: A deluge falls from the core of a thunderstorm near Glasgow in July 2010. “I felt like if you could stand in the middle and look up, you'd see straight into the heavens,” says photographer Sean Heavey. (Sean R. Heavey, Barcroft Media/Landov)

121005.AZ.duststorm.jpg

ARIZONA: The biggest dust storm in living memory rolls into Phoenix on July 5, 2011, reducing visibility to zero. Desert thunderstorms kicked up the mile-high wall of dust and sand. (Daniel Bryant)

121005.TX.post.jpg

TEXAS: A flaming fence post marks the trail of a forest fire near Bastrop on September 5, 2011, during a record drought and heat wave. The fire, which destroyed 1,685 houses, may have been sparked by dead pine trees falling onto power lines. (Larry W. Smith, European Pressphoto Agency/Landov)

121005.TN.flood.jpg

TENNESSEE: Jamey Howell and Andrea Silvia had just heard that church was canceled when the flood submerged their Jeep near Nashville on May 2, 2010. The teenagers clung to the roof rack for more than an hour and then—as their parents watched helplessly—let go. A mile downstream they struggled onto a riverbank, alive. (Rick Murray)

121005.MS.flood.jpg

MISSISSIPPI: Fortified by a levee, a house near Vicksburg survives a Yazoo River flood in May 2011. Snowmelt and intense rains—eight times as much rainfall as usual in parts of the Mississippi River watershed—triggered floods that caused three to four billion dollars in damages. (Scott Olson, Getty)

121005.TX.fire.jpg

TEXAS The wildfire near Bastrop, Texas, on September 5, 2011, was so hot it melted the aluminum wheels of this boat trailer. Fanned by high winds, the fire spread rapidly. “People had literally five or ten minutes to get out,” says Jack Page, fire marshal of nearby Smithville. “There were a couple of times we didn't think we would make it.” (Robb Kendrick)

121005.AL.tornadoes.jpg

ALABAMA: On April 27, 2011, the U.S. was hit by 199 tornadoes, a single-day record—but there's no clear evidence, scientists say, of a long-term rise in tornado frequency. The 190-mile-an-hour twister that carved a sharp path across Tuscaloosa missed the University of Alabama football stadium (upper left) by a mile, then threaded between a large mall (X-shaped building at center) and the main hospital, which was soon treating victims. The tornado killed 44, then roared northeast to the Birmingham area, where it killed 20 more. (Digitalglobe)

121005.SWZ.ice.jpg

SWITZERLAND: Frozen spray from Lake Geneva entombs cars, trees, and a promenade during a severe cold spell in February 2012. An unusual dip in the polar jet stream, which looped as far south as Africa, brought Arctic air and deep snows to Europe, killing several hundred people. (Martial Trezzini, European Pressphoto Agency/Landov)

121005.NE.tornadoes.jpg

NEBRASKA: “It was really cranking,” photographer Mike Hollingshead says of this 130-mile-an-hour twister. But to him, that was not a clue to run the other way. A dedicated storm chaser, he shot this funnel on June 20, 2011, outside Bradshaw, where it derailed freight-train cars. (Mike Hollingshead)

121005.CH.post.jpg

CHINA: Rainwater cascades onto a Chengdu resident rushing up a flight of stairs from an underground garage. An unusually severe downpour on July 3, 2011, flooded streets and knocked out electricity in the city, which is the capital of Sichuan Province in central China. (China Daily)

121005.TX.drought.jpg

TEXAS: Tumbleweeds catch in the furrows of an unplanted cotton field near Brownfield, southwest of Lubbock. High winds and a record-breaking heat wave led to damaging erosion, says Buzz Cooper, who runs a cotton gin nearby. “It was just like a hot fan in an oven,” he says. (Robb Kendrick)

TnWatchdog

Great pictures opmmur. I was at the Nashville Flood 2010 where I had 14 inches of rain in two days, south of town. They hadn't predicted that amount but there was a stationary front and I remember them saying the rain was training...storms following one after the other along the same line. I attached this picture as people drowned on Interstate 24 while driving along. How many of you would expect to die today on the Interstate driving home? This was a strange one, since I had a heck of a time driving home as some roads looked like rivers. 500 year storms that are happening too frequently.

savidge.nashville.flooding.cnn.640x360.jpg

TnWatchdog

Daylight turns to darkness, which would really freak us out if it happened here.

BlastTyrant

That Drought Monitor is wrong Minnesota shouldn't even be close to that lol, with the foot of snow we just got and the Rain/Snow mix were suppose to have all week, the weather here has been insane, Our news says never in history has it been this bad this late into the year in MN, ND and WS are in the same boat we have gotten hammered hard with snow and rain and it isnt stopping anytime soon.

TnWatchdog

Extreme Weather in Central Mexico - 7 Feet of Hail, Landslide, Tornado, Dozens Killed
At least 22 vehicles were dragged into a canyon in the town of Tepeji del Rio, Hidalgo, following severe weather on Sunday that included a tornado and hail that accumulated up to 7 feet high.
Filiberto Reyes Villa, a resident of Tepeji del Rio, Hidalgo, said: "It started to hail and lasted one hour exactly, began to collect the water of the two canyons and began to bring the cars."
Fernando Miranda, mayor of Hidalgo, said: "We have approximately 15 damaged vehicles washed away, in total we estimate about seven communities affected."
"The house if you can see has feet of ice in them, it looked about two meters high," said Jorge Garcia, Tepeji neighbor River.
The neighbors were alarmed and climbed to roofs to escape the flood.
Fernando Moctezuma, Hidalgo government secretary, said: "15 vehicles were carried through the channels by hail that reached almost seven feet tall".
At kilometer 71 of the Mexico-Queretaro highway, a landslide buried 5 vehicles.
"Unfortunately, until now we have a report of seven people died in what is the highway," said Moctezuma Fernando Pereda, Hidalgo Government Secretary.
During the early hours of Monday authorities began assessing the damage.

Tepeji: Tornado Damaged 150 houses
Four people were injured after landslide in Mexico-Queretaro highway were taken to a hospital in Naucalpan, State of Mexico, while residents of Tepeji River cleanup done at home, as the whirlwind accompanied by hail damaged 150 homes and dragged at least 22 cars.
Yesterday, a storm, accompanied by hail, hit Tepeji River, causing severe flooding and mudslides. Hail and mud were introduced to several houses the San Francisco, in some of them up to five feet tall.
The Mexico-Queretaro highway was closed to traffic causing a long queue of vehicles
A storm with hail that fell last night in the town of Tepeji del Rio, Hidalgo, caused the landslide that buried a hill two vehicles and damaged three others that circulated on the Mexico-Queretaro highway.
The unfortunate accident occurred at kilometer 72 in the section known as River-Jilotepec Tepeji, Colonia Ejido del Carmen, in the direction of the City, federal police came and emergency units from different municipalities who were quick to search and rescue of victims.
On site killed seven people, five occupants of a Tsuru taxi and two occupants of a truck Blazer buried beneath several tons of dirt and mud.
Bulldozers and shovels were used by rescuers to reach literally vehicles were crushed.
For more than six hours Mexico-Queretaro highway towards the City was closed to traffic by the Federal Police car causing long lines that stretched for over 15 miles.
At 14:30 hours (local) on that Sunday, a Twitter user alerted Federal Roads and Bridges (Capufe) on the risk of breaking off on the freeway. "Between 75 and 74 km road Querétaro Mexico is about to break off (one) section of the hill to the lower rail," Ricardo Miranda tweeted.
Through a statement, said that yes Capufe inspected the stretch of highway that Miranda reported, but "at that time showed no signs of cracks or risks."
The agency said the landslide occurred in the area not reported through the social network. "The landslide was presented at km 70 +400, ie 5 miles from tweet sent".
The bottleneck for the accident on Sunday reached over 20 kilometers, said NOTIMEX.
In the rescue military involved at least 66 Federal Police officers, according NOTIMEX, while the area is cordoned off and vehicular traffic has been diverted.
Sources
http://noticierostelevisa.esmas.com/clima/600627/graves-danos-grani...
http://www.excelsior.com.mx/nacional/2013/05/27/901100'
http://www.eluniversal.com.mx/notas/925549.html
http://mexico.cnn.com/nacional/2013/05/27/un-deslave-causa-al-menos...

I found this off another site I visit...7 feet of hail, pretty extreme...watch out the end is near! Just getting you rattled but it is a true statement.

TnWatchdog

Yesterday I had a post regarding a crop circle in Gray, TN. The Crop Circle Thread
I told the people I knew in Gray to check it out, interrogate, and take pictures as they said it was a only a couple of miles from their office. They told me about a large chuck of ice falling from the sky, call it large hail or a ice meteor. I told them their town was marked or something as these two events just happened. Anyway here is the story of the chunk of ice. Henny Penny once said the sky is falling...look up, she may be right.