Faith

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
1636636640572.png

It took me many years to finally understand faith. Faith is not just blindly believing something is going to happen. It is much deeper than that. Faith is a process and isn't so black and white. First, one must have a good relationship with God. This includes praying, thanking him, and thinking about him. It does not include blaming him. If you think about it, wouldn't your partner be upset if you kept blaming them for every bad thing? That relationship would become severely damaged! Next, one must believe that God knows the future and knows what is best for you. Certain events, even bad, cause other events to happen. So, blaming God for a bad event is a slap in the face. Knowing things are for the best, after you've asked for assistance or guidance, is the key to faith - having confidence without the blame. And no, it's not easy. It can take years of practice, but once you develop this skill, you will experience and see miracles. Every time I have a very long, intense prayer session, I see a rainbow within 1-2 days, even on a clear day. One day, a few weeks ago, I saw a rainbow and 2 clouds shaped as hearts. Miracles happen if you keep your eyes wide open. No, I don't recommend intentionally looking for them. They will happen when you least expect them. Pray. Thank. Don't blame. Then, let it go. The universe has ways of making things happen, and remember, sometimes the bad things have to be in the chain of events in order for the miracles to happen.

PoisonApple

Badass ☆。*♡✧*。
Zenith
You're right, it's important to have a relationship with God. He created us, He knows us better than we know ourselves and wants to lead us through the hard times and onto better things. I certainly believe everything happens for a reason, even if we don't see it that way at the time. But God is faithful.

I'm reminded of the book of James.
James 1:2 - "My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience." Bible Gateway passage: James 1-2 - New King James Version