Fear(DO NOT MERGE)

PyRo99

Fear(DO NOT MERGE)

I know I've made a thread about this before, in Philosophy. This is NOT pertinent too it. DO NOT MERGE.@);-

Many of us here, are Conspiracists, others are Liberals or Conservatives.

If you are a Liberal what do you fear? Conservatives, President Bush, House and Senate Majority in the Republican Favor, and terrorists. I made the short list did I not? You fear these?

And everything is the exact opposite if you are a Conservative, except for the terrorists.

Conspiracists, you fear America being overtaken bastardized, freedoms taken away, etc.

Is there not one damn thing that does not have fear attached to it? Conspiracists, call the Bush Administration TERROISTS, it attaches a negative connotation to it, and also is a loaded word. The Propaganda in the future will be funny.

Conservatives, Liberals and Conspiracists all calling themselves the "True Patriots". No, none of us are "True Patriots". True, Conspiracists are striving to retain the Freedoms, you still fear. If you did not fear, what would you be left with? Action.

You would move forth with the cross hairs of love, you would not be sitting in a bubble, waiting for it to be popped. You would be sitting in D.C. Protesting you're ass off, you would be formating everything in your power to resist if anything ever did come to fruition against the America. Whether it be a Terrorist, or whether it be a War. You would be standing there, awaiting peril, with the love of Christ, and the Wisdom of Buddha.

Think about it, what if you didn't fear things? Watch you're world transform. I know mines about too.

Pyro

StarLord

Re: Fear(DO NOT MERGE)

If we were rich, we might be able to decend on washington and unleash our full wrath, asailing them with wave after wave of logic, righteousness, several pieces of good minds but to what end?

Would it not be better to activate those around you where you live with the single dogged resolve to light the fire under your respective representatives with the key thought that they might not have a job next term? I cannot think of a better goal when it comes to dealing with our reperesentatives, when you convey the fact that they will be out of work next year, significant results may be forcoming.....

Judge Bean

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"PyRo99\")</div>
Many of us here, are Conspiracists, others are Liberals or Conservatives.
[/b]

Here's your first error: bluntly categorizing individuals who wish to discuss the boundaries and meanings of such labels. If you take a broad view, you see the world in bright blue and streaks of puffy white, and dramatic interruptions of tan and green-- not black and white.

If you are a Liberal what do you fear? Conservatives, President Bush, House and Senate Majority in the Republican Favor, and terrorists. I made the short list did I not? You fear these?

And everything is the exact opposite if you are a Conservative, except for the terrorists.

Here's the next error, growing out of the first. Consider your reasoning in light of this example: The English cover the earth; Jeeves is an Englishman; therefore, Jeeves covers the earth.

It is not convenient, really, to argue with a sledgehammer like this. You are apparently peeved at everyone for not agreeing to fundamental rifts. Perhaps we do not wish to have contention among us; perhaps we want to find out what we hold in common, and work to defend that. Let's take this one step at a time; the world will still be here in full color tomorrow.

Conspiracists, you fear America being overtaken bastardized, freedoms taken away, etc.

If there are any actual conservatives or liberals left, there are conspiracists in both camp in equal strength. For my authority, I cite the American Civil War of the 1860s, and the English Revolution of the 1600s. All sorts of Americans fear the loss of freedom, since it appears to be in danger and it is one of those few things the love of which is held in common by most Americans.

Is there not one damn thing that does not have fear attached to it?

Yes. Measured, rational, free exchange of ideas. Other things that are relatively fearless: love, wit, and the curiosity of children. Make your own list, and we'll compare.

Conservatives, Liberals and Conspiracists all calling themselves the \"True Patriots\". No, none of us are \"True Patriots\". True, Conspiracists are striving to retain the Freedoms, you still fear. If you did not fear, what would you be left with? Action.

You would move forth with the cross hairs of love, you would not be sitting in a bubble, waiting for it to be popped. You would be sitting in D.C. Protesting you're ass off, you would be formating everything in your power to resist if anything ever did come to fruition against the America. Whether it be a Terrorist, or whether it be a War. You would be standing there, awaiting peril, with the love of Christ, and the Wisdom of Buddha.

A confusing and illogical sequence of ideas. A patriot is either a scoundrel or a lover of his country. Freedom is sought to be preserved by Americans of all political persuasions, if only for the reason that while it is under attack, it also threatens the ability to have a political persuasion. And there are other ways of responding to fear than simply either sitting still or taking dramatic action; and there are other forms of action, anyway, besides physical action in the capital.

For another thing, it is a disturbing image to picture love as a weapon with "crosshairs." You speak of the love of Christ and the Wisdom of Buddha as though there were no wisdom of Christ or love in Buddha, but in any event you apparently believe that a person should invite extinction in the name of religious principles as a demonstration of the sincerity of his political beliefs. Have I got that right? Do you see how this is what most terrorists believe?

As a call to action, you need to polish your rhetoric, and not jam together so many ideas. It is rather like shoveling the pumpkin pie on top of the hot turkey at the outset of the meal, just because you like the taste of both and feel that you won't have time to make it to dessert before the world ends.

Think about it, what if you didn't fear things? Watch you're world transform. I know mines about too.

This remark I find unsettling. What exactly have you got planned? Have you run out of patience with the glacial pace of the adult world that has you trapped? Do you feel the need to make some sort of statement? I have some advice for you.

My advice for you is to picture yourself 10 years from now, in a world that has not crunched to a halt but instead needs you. What you are now going through is meant to prepare you to see through things that others cannot see through; this is the way that the human race assures its own survival, by setting people such as yourself through painful processes of realization and urgency.

We count on you to keep up your contributions here.

PyRo99

Perhaps I was a bit wishy-washy with what I was saying.

As for the Love of Christ and Wisdom of Buddha, I'm not saying "Kill them with love". No, I am saying use love throughout it all, do not place fear in the way. I ain't saying place you're religious beliefs on the line, I just took two commonly known men, for what they have done.

What have I got planned you ask? Nothing. But if I constantly live in surprise, and not "worry", then I will always be moving ahead, and not having something holding weight in the back of my mind.

We'll see Paul about those final comments.