Fear

PyRo99

Fear

Fear

By Defintion Fear means:

1. A feeling of agitation and anxiety caused by the presence or imminence of danger.
2. A state or condition marked by this feeling: living in fear.
3. A feeling of disquiet or apprehension: a fear of looking foolish.
4. Extreme reverence or awe, as toward a supreme power.
5. A reason for dread or apprehension: Being alone is my greatest fear.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=Fear

By defintion, many of us fear something or another. And we give way to it. However, if you empower fear, which when you fear something you are indeed empowering it, you are giving away your own power. You are therby stating, that you will stand down to the thing you fear.

Whether or not you want to admit it, you do. When you sit infront of a Police Officer, you know that feeling you get? That is built in fear from society that you must fear three things:

1. Government Officals
2. Death
3. Violence

So now, alongisde of your personal fears you have three things you already fear prior to you even thinking about it. It is very much so subconcious. Somethings, you cannot control unless you have taught yourself to not fear these three things, alongside the other things you may or may not fear.

Government officals, are human beings just like you and I. They may hold a higher ranking in life, but that doesn't mean they deserve to be feared, for nothing does need to be feared. They may be able to do certain things, but does that really matter? You are essentially blockading yourself.

The one topic that is the mysterious one of the world, aside from Politics and Religion, is death. Everybody at one point in their life, has wondered what comes after death. It is a matter of your beliefs, and though you may not realize it you subconciously still think that death is the end. Whether you believe you are reincarnated, or you are going to Purgatory, hell, heaven or whatever else, you still don't know. That is a matter of a fact, because the only way for you too know is to essentially "die". Well, the only way for you to see basically death, is by means of a Near Death Experience. That basically cancels out the subconcious fear of death, but that truly is only one way.

Violence is indeed a foresetting for this world, it has been around for so long as well. Murders, War, Assault, Battery, its all been here prior to our life on this world. And yet, we all have this sense of "Fear" about it. We all believe that Violence is horrible, and we all fear it. "What if it happend to me", is what we usually say. While it may not be completely blunt, it is still implied that you fear violence in some shape way or form. Ironically enough, we fight wars every decade or so it seems. There is blood everywhere on the battle front, and yet that has never once stopped us from fighting. My guess is that we just don't care about lives being sent away. Is it noble to fight for your country, yes. However, you are accordingly fighting for your life at the same time. And Nine times out of Ten, you come back a different man or woman.

What I do not understand is why we empower these three things so much. We all sit around, and explicity say that we do not fear anything. But you do, whether or not it is blatant, or coy.

As for Fear in the politics of the world right now. September Eleventh came, and changed America. We now live under Fear, we often are mystified, and we wonder "When is the next attack, Will it be me?". Why do you even bother wondering about such a thing, because right there, you are fearing two things. Death, and Terroism. Whether or not the terrorism is produced by the government is completely irrelevant. You still wonder, and we often are all miffed as to when it will be occuring.

The way the government keeps the fear rolling though, is through the Warning System of an attack. Blue, Green, Yellow, Orange, Red. We all know what Red means, and we all fear it ever reaching that level. Again, two things we fear right there, Terrorism, and the Government. Government gains complete control of the United States, under martial law, and then were done for. Or are we? Could we not strengthen up, and fight back? But then wouldn't we be eradicating two fears at once? I'll let you figure those two fears out however.

Finally, I'll leave it with the final thing, many people desire to know, the future. Many, desire to know the future. Reasons may vary from their life is at a low point, or they just want to know. Secretly, you are still fearing it. Because what if you see something worse? Or what if you see something horrible? Widespread disease, natural diasters, couldn't that strike a new fear in you? And why are you even trying to figure the future, when you are having a rough time in your life now? This goes hand in hand with the past as well. Wondering what it was like back then, is just as much as trying to find out what it is going to be like.

The list can go onward and further of things you can fear. Does it really matter, that depends. I don't fear much, if anything. But that is because I've learned that fear only does one thing to me, and I've been trying to erase it from perpetrating in my lifestyle. I do not fear the government, or death, or terrorism, contrary to what you may believe. It is not denial, because I would be the first to tell you that I fear anything. I've got nothing to hide, and all to show.

Even FDR said, "You should not fear anything but fear itself", in his inaugural address.

ZeoEmeraude

Fear

Valid points there Pyro. To be honest, I only fear God's Judgement on my soul.....well that....... and talking cheeseburgers.

StarLord

Fear

All it takes is one experience of Out of Body Experience to prove that Death Is Impossible.

I would be leery of Stupid Politicians but I would not fear them.

Violence, of itself is a lesson. We either learn that there are better ways for solving problems or we repeat the lesson until we get the message.

The one thing that may not have been covered is the hidden mechanics of the passion called Fear. If you spend enough time fearing something you just might bring it into your realm of experience. Fear can make us powerless to change any given situation and it clouds the thinking process. When the bully knows that we fear him, he is all over us like white on rice, quit fearing him and kindly thank him for all his past attentions with a bloody nose and he becomes powerless.

Fear gains energy from our attention, the more time you spend dwelling on it, the larger that molehill becomes. Unchecked and you just may have a Mountain to deal with.

Hate has some interesting mechanics also. When we hate something it seems to bug us more often. It's almost as if things are coming out of the woodwork and chase us as the occurences of dealing with that specific hate seem to grow exponentialy. It is not uncommon for us to become what we hate. So, if you are going to hate anything, hate money and then watch and wait to see how long it takes to chase you and make you suffer.

It is interesting to note that Fear, Greed, Hate, Lust and Anger share some of the same mechanics.

PyRo99

Fear

Indeed Star.

Government officals though they come to your front porch, many would take a big gulp. I'd just walk up to them like normal people, they can try and implement fear, kill me, I don't care.

Plus, yes Star an OBE will teach you nothing to fear about death.

Those, traits; anger, hate, greed, lust, fear, are all negative and pessimistic.

Unconditional Love on the other hand is something different.

As for God, i don't fear his judgement either. For he is a loving caring soul, not one of pessimism. Don't fear him, because he is not higher than you.

Grayson

Conspiracy Cafe
Fear

Originally posted by StarLord@Jan 5 2005, 08:51 PM

It is interesting to note that Fear, Greed, Hate, Lust and Anger share some of the same mechanics.

I can't agree with you there Starlord, they all have fundamentally different endocrinological triggers, emotional triggers and response paths.

As a Hunter-gatherer, fear is a marvellous gift from nature. In becoming fearful, the endocrine system floods your body with useful chemicals which remove the higher order brain functions from the equation, turbocharge the central nervous system and pump prime all the muscles. Your (now in control) hind-brain makes a decision based on an extremely simple set of checks and balances and you run like the wind, or fight like the devil.

Cognitive humans stuff this beautiful process up though, by dwelling on it both before and after the fact. In the instant of fear, you are no longer a modern human being with all the wonders of our modern world to safely cosset you. You are Cro-magnon man facing a charging Mammoth/attacking tribe and are instantly stripped of your modern ways, taken back 30,000 years and reduced to a set of competing glands and drivers. You run, you fight... simple.

But, we stress about these things. We precipitate the potential state of fear with worry. We analyse the act of fear with distress through hindsight. We make ourselves unwell. That is not what Nature/God* intended.

*Delete as appropriate.

Fear is a gift, it gives us power. Never stress over it, nor fear the fear itself.

Grayson

Conspiracy Cafe
Fear

Originally posted by PyRo99@Jan 5 2005, 09:40 PM

Those, traits; anger, hate, greed, lust, fear, are all negative and pessimistic.

Unconditional Love on the other hand is something different.

Anger at inequity makes fearful man stand bold.

Hatred of villainy and evil makes bold men take action.

Greed for others success can make a child from the Ghetto strive to achieve greatness.

Emotions are never positive, or negative, how we use them is what makes the difference.

Unconditional love can cause a mother to smother her disabled child, a husband to kill, a father to murder.

Emotions in context. Accept them for what they are, utilise them for your better whole, be content that each is in its time and serves a purpose. Are you a human doing, or a human being? ;)

StarLord

Fear

Grayson,

I was only dealing with the metaphysical side of these passions.

I fear you missed my point. :D

Grayson

Conspiracy Cafe
Fear

Originally posted by StarLord@Jan 5 2005, 10:10 PM
Grayson,

I was only dealing with the metaphysical side of these passions.

I fear you missed my point. :D

Ah well, why didn't you make that crystal clear ya Rum Bugger. :D'oh:

Yeah, well, ya basic metaphysical properties, mechanically that is... can they be mechanically metaphysical... are under certain circumstances, that is to say Planar circumstances, basically similar.

Metaphysically speaking, you should never fear that I have missed the point. Else, metaphyscially speaking, you could lump in my being greedy, hateful and having other variously nasty associative disorders bubbling along on the subliminal wavelengths.

Be clear what point you are actually making in future... you followed Pyro and he didn't appear metaphysical at all... nor myffalogical for that matter. :lol:

CaryP

Fear

As Grayson has so eloquently pointed out, you can't have the negative emotions without offsetting positive ones and vice versa. The "ying" and the "yang" but what the hell do I know. Good post Pyro. Shows you're thinking.

Cary