Forgotten Art Of Tap Dancing..The Incredible Eleanore Powell.

TimeFlipper

If you cannot see the video clip in your own country, please go onto You Tube and type in, "Eleanor Powell-Broadway Melody of 1936-Last Dance scene in High Definition".......You could be really amazed of her high speed spins while still using extremely fast tap dancing techniques :)...

TimeFlipper

Iam posting one more video of Eleanore Powell, which was her last appearance on such Main Line movies....It was now 1946 and Eleanor was 38, and it now seemed few women were interested in Tap Dancing, and no one could get even close to her skill factor...
If you cannot see this video in your own country, please go onto You Tube and type in, "Eleanore Powell-Duchess of "Idaho" Cameo" ..By the way, Eleanore does not start Tap Dancing until she removes her dress! ;) :love:..

TimeFlipper

@Einstein I put this last posting just for you, and i hope you noticed that fantastic swimmer Esther Williams sitting at a table watching Eleanor perform....You might recall some of Esthers movies where the camera is positioned above a swimming pool and aimed directly down at her performing with other girls doing some great artistic swimming formations (y):D...

P.S..Eleanor didnt look 10 years older in this movie, compared to the 1936 video, did she? :eek::D..

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
@Einstein I put this last posting just for you, and i hope you noticed that fantastic swimmer Esther Williams sitting at a table watching Eleanor perform....You might recall some of Esthers movies where the camera is positioned above a swimming pool and aimed directly down at her performing with other girls doing some great artistic swimming formations (y):D...

P.S..Eleanor didnt look 10 years older in this movie, compared to the 1936 video, did she? :eek::D..

She looked just the same to me.

TimeFlipper

This is another of the gorgeous Eleanor Powells Tap Dance routines, teamed up with "The Man Himself", the incomparable Fred Astaire...Take notice of about two thirds of the way through the dance, how they suddenly dance in "double time"..