Forum moderator kills 2 of it's members

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith
Forum moderator kills 2 of it's members

I heard about this forum who pretended that one of it's moderators went and killed two of it's members... Pretty screwed up thing to do to your members if you ask me. At first no one knew it was a joke and this was the story going around about it:

San Diego Based Message Board Is Cause for Mass Murder Arguments on Internet message boards are nothing new, and often are a central component. But in San Diego, California an argument turned deadly on 25 May 2005, resulting in two murders, and two other attempted homicides.

\"We've always had a lot of arguments and disputes on this board, but nothing like this, and I really don't think anyone saw it coming,\" said Radley Pingay, administrator of pirate969.org, in an email response.

\"Bruce was always a little hostile, but so many people are like that online, it's hard to tell what's real and what's just shenanigans.\" Bruce is not only the username of the suspect in the double homicide, but is also his first name.

The online argument started in a thread (link) discussing a local band promoter. Bruce Pastuer, now wanted on two counts of homicide and two counts of assault with a deadly weapon, was one of the participants in the discussion.
Apparantly the point of all this was to show people that you're not safe on the internet and just because you're hiding behind a computer doesn't make you invulnerable. Link to the thread where it started:

http://www.pirate969.org/mboard/showthread...35&page=1&pp=50

StarLord

Re: Forum moderator kills 2 of it's members

If you read enough of it you can tell it's fake. Specifically how 'bruce' could edit on someone else's post. What some folks will do to entertain themselves these days.

tchetcha

:woah: What?! :woah:

That's really :scared:...

Lucidus

I dunno, I have heard rumors about the disappearence of Grayson, Sosuemetoo, and Cary P.

Hummmmmm.

Lucidus

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"TheHeggy\")</div>
Grayson ain't missing, he posted here today.[/b]

So you didn't kill Grayson? Interestesting.

sosuemetoo

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"lucidus\")</div>
I dunno, I have heard rumors about the disappearence of Grayson, Sosuemetoo, and Cary P.

Hummmmmm.[/b]

I can verify that Grayson, CaryP and I have not died. Hope that settles this particular rumor.

Lucidus

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"sosuemetoo\")</div>
I can verify that Grayson, CaryP and I have not died. ?Hope that settles this particular rumor.[/b]

Oh yeah? Well how do we know that it is really you and that *they* didn't use your account to post this?

sosuemetoo

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"lucidus\")</div>
Oh yeah? ?Well how do we know that it is really you and that *they* didn't use your account to post this?[/b]

I cannot, since I didn't give someone a "secret song" before I left! lol