Fringe

taurus

Fringe

Or "fringe science" that is. I love this tv series show, as it encompasses the vas majority of scientific anomalies. How does everyone else feel about this show?

cmac

Re: Fringe

Personally, I love it. It is my favorite show on TV. I never miss it, and it is set to auto record on the DVR. I'm missing the show right now, in a big way. I need to find out when the new episodes will start back.

I don't watch much on TV anymore, but this is one that I do. It touches on a lot of topics that I enjoy pondering about, and many that I have researched into.

Thanks for bringing up this topic!

Cmac

Whitelight

I'm too lazy to google it. Does anyone wanna tell me what it's about?

If you guys like it, I might. :)

Keroscene

I just got done watching the pilot episode. It was very good. I was so impressed I decided to download the entire first season. I had not heard about this show until it was mentioned here. Thanks.

taurus

WOW..I"m so surprised this show is not as popular as I expected it to be. Check this show it...here's the link Fringe - Home... I apologize in advance if we are not supposed to put linnks in our posts. However the show is FOX...here is a little info snippet from the webpage....
From J.J. Abrams ("Lost"), Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci, the team behind "Star Trek," "Mission: Impossible III" and "Alias," comes a new series that will thrill, terrify and explore the blurring line between the possible and the impossible.
When an international flight lands at Boston's Logan Airport with no signs of life, FBI Special Agent OLIVIA DUNHAM (Anna Torv) is called in to investigate as part of an inter-agency task force. After her partner, Special Agent JOHN SCOTT (Mark Valley), is nearly killed during the investigation, a desperate Olivia searches frantically for someone to help, leading her to DR. WALTER BISHOP (John Noble), our generation's Einstein. There's only one catch: he's been institutionalized for the last 17 years, and the only way to question him requires pulling his estranged son PETER (Joshua Jackson) in to help.
When Olivia's investigation leads to multi-billion dollar corporation Massive Dynamic and its manipulative corporate executive, NINA SHARP (Blair Brown), our unlikely trio, along with Department of Homeland Security Agent PHILLIP BROYLES (Lance Reddick) and FBI Agents CHARLIE FRANCIS (Kirk Acevedo) and ASTRID FARNSWORTH (Jasika Nicole), will discover that what happened on Flight 627 is only a small piece of a larger, more shocking truth.
The FRINGE pilot is directed by Emmy Award-winning Alex Graves ("The West Wing"), and the series is produced by Warner Bros. Television and Bad Robot Productions. J.J. Abrams, Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci, Jeff Pinkner and Bryan Burk serve as executive producers.

a little more from wikipedia...
Fringe follows the exploits of FBI special agent Olivia Dunham, mad scientist Walter Bishop, and his son “jack of all trades” Peter Bishop as they investigate aspects of fringe science (rare diseases, cryptids, transhumans with psychic abilities, teleportation, and so forth). All over the world, a series of apparent experiments collectively referred to as "the Pattern" (e.g., a newborn baby who rapidly ages and dies within a few hours, a bus full of passengers trapped in a strange substance like mosquitoes in amber) are occurring for reasons unknown. Olivia, Peter, and Walter are in charge of investigating these strange events to determine their source. Connected to the Pattern is Massive Dynamic, a leading global research company that holds the patents for a number of new and important technologies. Their enemy is ZFT, a bioterrorist organization which is orchestrating all of the strange occurrences in order to prepare for a destructive technological singularity. Tying both sides together is a nootropic drug, called Cortexiphan, that was developed by Walter and his partner, William Bell (now chairman of Massive Dynamic), which Olivia and a number of others were treated with as children. The first season closes with Olivia meeting William in a parallel universe where, among other differences, the World Trade Center was never destroyed by the September 11 attacks.
Unlike his other series, Lost, J.J. Abrams promises the series' story arc will be easier to follow and more accessible for those who skip the odd show. In an interview first published in September 2008, Abrams said: "Lost has garnered a certain reputation for being a very complicated show and one that you have to watch every episode. Fringe is in many ways an experiment for us, which is, we believe it is possible to do a show that does have an overall story and end game, which Fringe absolutely does… We can do a show that has that, so that there's a direction the show is going and there's an ultimate story that's being told, but also a show that you don't have to watch episodes one, two and three to tune into episode four."[7]