Future Humans Visit At Time Of Death

StarLord

Re: Future Humans Visit At Time Of Death

Aimswanson,

Being a student of the esoteric for the last 30 some years, (I'll have the pleasure of seeing a half century this year,) I have learned that being several million years old already, there is little sense in over prolonging life here on the physical plane imho. Just like Basic Training, this place is in motion 24/7 365 days a year.

While there exist many 'diversions' for the senses, great meals, awesome spirits, sintilating conversations, garguantan adventures it does get old after a while.

Unless modern medicine can garuntee me a youthfull body, late teens to mid 20's I am not interested.

Quality of life for those pushing the geriactic envelope leaves way too much to be desired. Being sedentary and force fed an electric pablum interspersed with inane and mentally desparaging advertisements is not my idea of a good time in any sense of the word. There needs to be a major aboutface in this country in regards to treatment of the eldery for me to even consider the joys of latenight channel surfing for "Hoppy Finally Makes It To Texas & Gabby Really Did Shut The Hell Up".

Retirement homes have become a way station and a waiting room for the undertakers for those no longer cared about. Frankly, it sickens me. The rest of the world reveres their elderly and regards them as a treasured storehouse of information and experience. What the hell happened here??

Has our Fast Pace, New & Improved, Disposable, Fast Food generation found a Over Drive gear whereby all logic and thought processes have fallen by the wayside due to the wizzing scenery that is going by? Perhaps it's one Grand Mal case of Motion Sickness that has caused a backup on the highway of common sense??

Before we start to think about prolonging this agony, this Tour De Farce, I think it would be far better to devote our energies to fixing what ails our society in regards to the treatment of the elderly.

Judge Bean

Have you noticed how the average age of the active posters here has gone way up? What's going on here? Are we interested in immortality?

StarLord

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Paul J. Lyon\")</div>
Have you noticed how the average age of the active posters here has gone way up? What's going on here? Are we interested in immortality?[/b]

Not here I am not, I choose to work some place where my work is actually appreciated , the cherubs are friendly and real, my halo is guilded once a millenium wether I need it or not. Which comes with all the Def Leopard and Bon Jovi concert tickets and all the Bass Ale and Fosters, Ice Cold, I want.

By the by, once we check out of here we go back to living in eternity.

darkbreed

"By the by, once we check out of here we go back to living in eternity."

what about reincarnation, whats your thoughts about that?

StarLord

Totaly overrated, theres always a shortage of good Bones players, the fools that choose to comit suicide fowl up the queue cauze they get shunted right to the front of the line and get to try it again, Elvis may choose NOT to sing the next time around which may make some of us even sadder, Jack Benny could actually play the violin really well which would totally ruin his act, Hitler could never make good even if he was a doctor for 15 turns and had to deliver each and every one of theose 20 some million souls he had taken out (according to some jews I know), I could have actually been one of those NOT asked to come back here.........

August

You can have it. I am certain of my death. What else can we be so certain about? Yes I know--taxes.

But truely, what else can we depend on in this world? Depend on with such certainty. At some point--from this moment until about 70 years from now--I will cease to breath and pump blood through my veins. An excellent mystery. When you embrace it, it makes you more here.

We do want to be more here, no? Where is Hack when you need him?

StarLord

August, you do have a choice in not being forced into having to wait for the vehicle to go kaput in order to experience the hereafter you know.

aimswanson

Starlord, et. al.,

You guys are pretty cool but seem a bit depressed and unhappy with life. Starlord assumes that prolonging life has to mean prolonging agony. I'm ready to assure him that in the future they will give him a 22 year old body with an advanced brain. If we still write then, we will also spell correctly in our messages to each other:) (sorry, retired English teacher here)

Imagine being 22 again and able to think with the head on the top of the body instead of the one between the legs. That would be revolutionary!

I never thought that approaching 65 my life would be as active as it is. I go to the gym 5 days a week and like to walk along the nature trail near my home. I have started my own mortgage business and am enjoying working with numbers. Who woulda thunk it? With the advances in medicine and nutrition I assume I will be working for many years to come. Retirement is pretty boring.

I'm fascinated with science and have been so all of my life. In high school my friends and I entered the science fair and were responisble for the evacuation of an entire wing of the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago when our project went very wrong. (1957)

Since 1963 I have lived in Southern California. Life is good out here. I think some of you need to get a little more sunshine and vitamin D to brighten up your attitudes.

An old school nurse once told me when I began my teaching career: "People are where they want to be." If a guy wants to be happy there is really nothing stopping him. You guys seem to have the time to spend on the computer. There is a whole universe of topics to interest you. Choose to be happy. Perhaps this is all there is. Perhaps future time travelers will rescue us at our passing or perhaps we will simply move to another dimension. Paul

StarLord

aimswanson

Thanks for the kind thoughts. I am quite happy with life. Fact is, I'll be even happier when I am done here. Much the same as a Dam builder would be after a job well done. Being aware of reincarnation is actually a great way to start each day, week, year imho. It offers a different viewpoint, one which hardly fosters stagnation. Change is about the only thing I would bet on these days. It's good to know we have another word smith in force.

Remember, don't go faster than your gaurdian angel can fly.