Ghost Mine

Justinian

Has anyone seen this show yet? I tried searching the forums, but didn't see any topics on it yet. It's fairly good. The season finale was really good!

Wee

It is not a bad show! I got into watching it this year. I never really though to investigate mines, but a lot of death happens there. I really like Ghost Adventures with Zak, Nick, and Aaron. They over dramatize their findings a lot (I am sure for ratings) but more so than Ghost Hunters, you can actually see and hear their evidence clearly. I don't think it is a lot of bull...I truly believe their evidence is compelling. The Bobby Mackey episode was enough to convince me. I feel like Ghost Hunters doesn't even try to develop their findings to the viewers very well. They conceal it with their music and talking.

Justinian

I miss the way the old shows like Sightings were presented. But now we have Paranormal Witness which does things like they used to. Actually one of the newer PW shows just had the former host of Sightings on it. It's my favorite ghost show on tv. Also, When Ghosts Attack is okay. But I don't normally get into the whole.. lets watch someone with some blinking lights walk around talking to the air and then who knows what's planted and what's not. I'd rather just see a show where the actual people that see stuff sit around telling their stories. Which surprised me with this show that I like it. Probably the whole backwoods thing that attracts me.

Wee

I like some shows like that....but I also like to see compelling evidence too. I also like watching the haunted places in America, especially in the south with the civil war battles.

Justinian

One summer I had my kids I took them to Gettysburg. We did 3 different ghost tours in one night. That was a blast.

Wee

Very cool, I've never been to Gettysburg. There is one plantation in SW Virginia that was apart of the Civil War that Robert E. Lee stayed at. They do ghost tours there all the time.

Justinian

You know though, I used to live less than a mile from Bobby Mackey's and never went. I heard the rumors, knew the stories, just never went. I usually search out haunted places whenever I move to a new state or city. I don't always go, but its neat to know. The town I spent my childhood in, we had an old mineshaft that was supposedly haunted, but I never saw anything. The big thing with this show is that its gone in so many directions that it's almost hard to say whether or not its real or all setup. I mean they went from Chinese immigrants to the masons, and then a mysterious person that was sabotaging their stuff when they were sleeping.

Wee

I have been to a few haunted places. There is an "urban legend" around the area I live about an old plantation/mansion that has seven black gates made of iron leading up to the house. The legend is based on the fact it was a place for KKK meetings and they did horrible, terrible things to the black community. It is off of route 666. I never believed it because I had never seen a route 666 anywhere near this area, until I was on a back road on the way to my grandmothers. I saw it. Route 666...but to be quite frank and honest, I am too chicken to even put my car on that road to see if there is a mansion with 7 black gates. A friend I use to work with says he has been to it, (supposedly) and when he tried to drive through the first gate, the car turned itself off, rolled back, and restarted. Whether it is true or not, I have no idea. I have seen very few blog posts on it when I googled...but nothing concrete.

HDRKID

Close to my house is a forest and in it are some very old civil war graves. It is hard to read em now. There was a big fight near a river. I have never seen any ghost in that area. However, there is a ghost in my house a poltergeist or shall we say polterguest! A man who lives near here use to live in my house before it burned up. It was rebuilt in 1956, but that original house is from the 1800's and it is haunted - yes.

He is near 100 now. Neighbors say 99 and others say 97, but I need to ask him his exact age. He told me that when he was a little boy five or six, he played with the ghost girl in my house - ann. She would appear late at night come into his room. Basically, she could turn solid like you or I, and she wore a white dress and had white hair like snow. I have never seen her, but I have seen a faint glow out of the corner of my eye.

Wee

That is very cool. I have always wanted to take a trip to New Orleans to experience the culture, the people, see a Saints game (Big fan, Who Dat!), but I really want to go tour the above ground grave sites. My dad took a tour a few years ago and took pictures for me, and he told me the stories and urban legends. I still have the picture of bones on a grave. It looks like teeth and fingers. I am excited because I am taking a trip down there this fall.