Ghostologist

PoisonApple

Badass ☆。*♡✧*。
Zenith
Hmm, interesting question...

I suppose one could be called a ghost hunter by simply looking for and/or trying to communicate with ghosts, whereas the term "ology" by definition means "a subject of study; a branch of knowledge". So I would assume a ghostologist would be a person well-versed in the subject of ghosts. :)

Novram

Hmm, interesting question...

I suppose one could be called a ghost hunter by simply looking for and/or trying to communicate with ghosts, whereas the term "ology" by definition means "a subject of study; a branch of knowledge". So I would assume a ghostologist would be a person well-versed in the subject of ghosts. :)
Very good, your right. Ghostology is the study and research of spiritual paranormal phenomena. Ghost hunters are field investigators that search for evidence of para-spiritual activity. I read somewhere that some ghostologists don't like to be called ghost hunters. But they can be one in the same. Ghostologists can do ghost hunting and ghost hunters can study ghostology. They can be the same person. I think It depends on the individual investigator, on what they preferred to be called.

Novram

Paranology 101 is like basic training for ghost hunting. There were a few places on the Interweb that were doing this. They are paranormal organizations that had people come out and participate in investigations, demonstrating ghost hunting techniques and learning a little about the equipment.
like; Paranology 101
I don't think there have been very many onsite investigations going on in the past year because of the pandemic.

Attachments

• ParanormalOrganizations.txt
    2.4 KB · Views: 1

Novram

In the early days of ghostology, everything was combined; ghost hunting, spiritualism and parapsychology. In England in the mid 1800s, the first paranomal organizations; The Ghost Club and the Society for Psychical Research, engaged in seances and also investigated psychic phenomena. Later, going into the 20th century, the different disciplines slit off into their own areas of research. Spiritualism involves using trance mediums and trance channeling. Psychical research became modern day parapsychology and todays paranormal societies do ghost hunting.