HALLOWEEN !! Romanian meaning

Justinian

I've been to Castle Bran. Loved it. The shops outside the castle gates are great. I went through the haunted house they have there. The best part was when you reach the end of it and they have the bar there to have a few beers. I really fell in love with the romantic notion of the real life Vlad Tepest, so off I went and drug a few friends with me.

Derrick C.

Halloween in Romania is a special day. Is been here for years but not under this name :)
My nan told me the story about this day ... Don't know if is true but let me tel ya first that Halloween is an observance and not a public holiday in Romania. My nan told me that before was possible to see the angry dead people walking on earth just next to other people. They was angry because of the way they died she say. They was always appearing and disappearing scaring children and weak people. She told me that one day a year and that's Halloween .. You could take the garlic out from where it is drying and you could scare them away and they won't come back. :)

To be honest this days Halloween is the same you have in US or EU countries but the biggest party is in Transylvania where Dracula castle is .

Any nice costume guys or not celebrating ?!?
ynumy9ag.jpg

ive always wanted to spend the night/party in Draculas castle on Halloween i have heard his castle is the most haunted location on earth, it makes sense though with all the monsters and ghosts and things that go bump in the night in Transylvania/Romania :) muahah:D:cautious:o_0:eek:

Metal Magus

It has always been a dream of mine to explore Dracula's castle. The autumn winds already whisper magic to me, how alive It must feel to celebrate in such a place.

My friends and I hold a bonfire and pass the bottle. We don't dress up but maybe I'll use this year as an excuse to finally purchase a robe. Last year we even danced some, I hope it happens again.