Hey everyone!

Whitelight

Hey everyone!

Long time no see, I was hoping to come back and see this place busy, but it still looks a little slow in here.

First off, I am very upset the typing game is gone, I held high score for that as long as I could remember. Please bring it back :(

Second, I'm looking for some help from all you believers, non believers, and skeptics.

My boyfriend was standing outside tonight (and I really don't know what category to put this into) and the house next door had a yellowish white light on it. At first he thought it was a plane's lights showing through the trees behind the house. The light was on the end of the eave of the roof.

He realized it was on the eave of the roof, facing him, not coming from behind the house. It then suddenly dissappeared. He said it was like the city lights we see in the distance, just as bright, and large, but close up and on the roof.

We've both walked around the side of the house and inspected everything, we cannot figure out where this light came from or where it went. There are trees everywhere so it couldn't have come from back, and there is no lights coming from our place, the alley in between is pitch black. This house has no outisde lights either.

What do you guys think? Mini ufo? Spirits? Or some scientific explanation?

I'd like to hear your input :) Especially Num :p haha

Ps, I missed you all!

Harte

Re: Hey everyone!

prolly a gnome riding on the back of a glowing unicorn.

Num7

Administrator
Staff

Hey! Welcome back, I was hoping to hear from you again!

First things first:

The site has been offline from August to October because we got hacked. I assume it's normal that Paranormalis is pretty slow right now: The site went offline like 5-6 times in the last 3 years, including a month ago, let alone a few fresh starts from scratch over the years. You can contribute to make the site more active if you want :). All we need right now is a bunch of active members.

I'll look for the typing game this weekend if I get some time, since you asked for it. I'm not going to "really" improve the site much until vBulletin 4 gets released, which will be very exciting!!

Second:

For the light, I really like Keroscene's "think out of the box" explanation. I'd say it was probably some optical illusion caused by reflexions and other un-debunkable causes. ;)

I'd like to see these kind of things, I've never been near "a strange light", ever.

Cheers, welcome back to Paranormalis! :)

Numenorean7

Keroscene

For the light, I really like Keroscene's "think out of the box" explanation.

I'd like to see these kind of things, I've never been near "a strange light", ever.

Numenorean7

Harte made me do it.

I can recall one time I did see a strange light. I get home from work one night and I go out on the sun porch to have a smoke. A flashing red light in the sky at about the level of the horizon catches my eye. Having an interest in the strange and unusual, I decide to investigate. At the time I was living in the country and it was a moonless night so it was rather dark. More so than it would be in the city. I couldn't tell where it was until I was about 100 feet from it. It was on top of the telephone pole. As I got closer to it it became obscured so I couldn't see it. I'd say at about 30 foot or closer I would lose sight of it. I'd seen that telephone pole a hundred times and never once was there a bright red flashing light. I looked at it the next day in the sunlight and didn't see anytihng unusual or anything that looked like it could produce a flashing red light. I also never saw the light again after that night. Probably a perfectly reasonable explanation but to this day I don't have a clue what it was.

Whitelight

Thanks guys! I know, his story seems odd, but he swears up and down. I didn't see it but I checked around the house to see what it could be and couldn't see a thing.

He has seen a spirit orb in his bedroom before, he walked in and it was by the couch, he started shifting his body to see where the light was coming from, and it stayed still then shot down to his bed and dissappeared. He says this one is different.

Maybe he's just seeing lights? Haha

And yes, I was top score for typing :( I was hoping to come back and see that I still held my title!

Num7

Administrator
Staff

If you were a UFO / spy device pilot who's here to watch people, investigate and such, and that you just need to stop a few minutes, wouldn't you park your saucer somewhere like on the top of a telephone pole ? The top of a building, or any high spot looks like a good place too.

I imagine it could be an answer, what do you think ?

Keroscene

Maybe he's just seeing lights? Haha

That kind of made me lol thinking of my own experience.

When I seen the light the kids were in bed so I didn't feel comfortable leaving them in there for long alone so I could continue with my light investigation. My girlfriend was at work and when she got home I showed her the light. She looked at it for about two seconds, then looked at me like I was an idiot and said something like that it must be a warning light for a problem with the telephone pole or one the lines.Never seen one before but maybe it was. Nevertheless, I was no longer interested in the light after our discussion.

Keroscene

If you were a UFO / spy device pilot who's here to watch people, investigate and such, and that you just need to stop a few minutes, wouldn't you park your saucer somewhere like on the top of a telephone pole ? The top of a building, or any high spot looks like a good place too.

I imagine it could be an answer, what do you think ?

That would be a reasonable place to hide if you had to stop.

The light wasn't any bigger or brighter than maybe a tail light off of a car, the small light bulbs for the brakes. It wasn't bright enough to light up the ground or the pole around it.

I did think that though. Maybe something recharging itself off the electrical lines off the pole. That's pretty far fetched but the thought did pop in my mind.

Whitelight

He said it was about 5 inches in diameter, fairly small. It's like seeing large bright city lights in the distance, but they are actually at the end of the house that's farthest down the alley and sitting on the eave of the house. He also said it was a ball of light.

I said mini ufo collecting info, he says he just doesn't know what he thinks it is. My cat has been acting crazy since then, that's all I know. He's gone psycho, more than usual. When he said he saw a spirit orb, it was blue and white, this was yellow and white. Maybe it was resting against the eave of the roof? I seriouslly cannot find a light source, and have no idea where one would come from. We've lived here about 6 months now.