Hoaxers

halo2junkie119

Hoaxers

I would like to call attention to all the poeple perpetrating hoaxes. STOP!! Nobody likes to find out that they have been lied to. So all you hoaxers stop!X-(

Also for those who have been extremely mean to people you think are hoaxers, (you know who you are) give them a chance. You can expose their hoax without sounding so mean. What if it turned out that some of the people claiming to be time travelers really are people who have traveled through time. If you are mean to these people you might scare them off and we all might miss a great opportunity to learn something.

I'm all for free speech but just tone it down a little. Don't be so harsh. Give some people a chance to prve themselves. If they offer no proof then chances are they are probably a hoax. But you dont have to taunt them about it. Just ignore them. People will begin to see that those people are hoaxes and the thread will die out.

virtualgirl

Re: Hoaxers

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"halo2junkie119\")</div>
I would like to call attention to all the poeple perpetrating hoaxes. STOP!! Nobody likes to find out that they have been lied to. So all you hoaxers stop!X-(

Also for those who have been extremely mean to people you think are hoaxers, (you know who you are) give them a chance. You can expose their hoax without sounding so mean. What if it turned out that some of the people claiming to be time travelers really are people who have traveled through time. If you are mean to these people you might scare them off and we all might miss a great opportunity to learn something.

I'm all for free speech but just tone it down a little. Don't be so harsh. Give some people a chance to prve themselves. If they offer no proof then chances are they are probably a hoax. But you dont have to taunt them about it. Just ignore them. People will begin to see that those people are hoaxes and the thread will die out.[/b]

Halo,

I totally agree with you. This is one of the reasons I'm not around as much anymore. It's not much fun coming to a forum where there is so much animosity.

VG

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith

You make an extremely good point. I used to be one of the guys who went after everyone I thought was a hoax, but I got tired of the drama it creates. If I read something now and I feel like it's a hoax, I just ignore it. They always peter out within a couple days.

People who think they're cool because they can post some nasty remarks to anyone (not just time traveler hoaxers) have some serious reality issues. This is the INTERNET, folks. No one cares how good your "you suck" post is.

Oh, and I've been looking for an excuse to use this image ;) This one's for you, Flamers:

impress_failed.jpg

Felic--

He actually said flamers. That's you, by the way :flirt:

I would like to call attention to all the poeple perpetrating hoaxes. STOP!! Nobody likes to find out that they have been lied to. So all you hoaxers stop!

What an odd thing to say! You have embodied the general message that more placid members tend to generate towards time travel claimees, but you don't see the value of hoaxers. If the forum didn't have the rate of hoax attempts that there are on average, a single person claiming to be a time traveller would have a far easier time fooling you. With every good hoax that comes and goes, we become better prepared for identifying a real time traveller should one arrive.

John

That is kind of like saying if it weren't for getting mugged so much you would be more open to get mugged.

Or if I didn't hit you so much, then anyone could hit you and it would hurt more because you wouldn't be used to it.

Does that about sum up your point Felic?
:unsure:

In that case which is truly worse?

Getting mugged 3 times a week or once a year?

Getting beaten hourly or getting a beating once a week?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Felic--\")</div>
He actually said flamers. That's you, by the way :flirt:

What an odd thing to say! You have embodied the general message that more placid members tend to generate towards time travel claimees, but you don't see the value of hoaxers. If the forum didn't have the rate of hoax attempts that there are on average, a single person claiming to be a time traveller would have a far easier time fooling you. With every good hoax that comes and goes, we become better prepared for identifying a real time traveller should one arrive.[/b]

ZeoEmeraude

I like to see hoaxers on the site myself.....I need a good laugh every now and then. Personally, I don't think ppl here are too harsh....I've seen harsher text on other sites. Now that JT kat was truly funny. What was even funnier was the nice hamburger-eating avatar that Heggy put up...rotflmao, I still can't stop laughin at that one. C'mon Heggy post it one more time so I can laugh for a half hour.
On a serious note.....halo, hoaxers get all the credit that they deserve from sprouting false propoganda and tryin to make the good folks here who have more than three brain cells believe thier garbage. If being a little harsh with the text is the worst these ppl get, than they should be so lucky. Besides,it isn't like these so called <span style='color:red'>\"hoaxers\" pose a significant threat to anyone but themselves and the nice ppl at the building with the padded rooms. Noone likes being lied to...and that's the truth. </span>

Your TTF F.F. Commander: Zeo

Lucidus

I have to agree with Zeo here. This forum seems very tame to me, except for the big drama last month. So anyway, who do guys think have been too harsh on the hoaxers?

StarLord

There is flaming, and there is FLAMING.

Ok, we have some people that think we should be more kind to people that come here and lie to us? I have to tell you, that really sends a crapy message to both the young and old alike. You want to come here and hoax and lie, all fine and well.

However, don't expect me to bring you flowers and tell you "GEE What a GREAT HOAX you just played!!!, Sure fooled me, yes sir!!! Sure glad you lied to me and got my hopes up!! You Bet!! And by the Way, Thanks so very much for hurting those less equiped than us too. That's so very special. YUP!! Makes me ALL warm and fuzzy inside" ................NOT!!!

I can be very kind and understanding. I draw the line when a Hoaxer has come here and been debunked AND, AND is asinine enough, clueless enough to stick arround and spout more of their crap after they have no leg to stand on. You see, when someone takes the time to make up a lie and then try to sell it here, that's telling me it's open season ONCE I spot their lies.

Perhaps some of you may feel different, that's ok. Maybe you should start a board of your own where you can cuddle and congradulate dishonest people and listen to them all day long. Become their buddies, better yet, become swallowed up so far into their spiel that you can't tell fact from fiction.. You could call it:

HAPPY'S TIME SALOON, WE WELCOME BS ARTISTS & LIERS a veritable Prevaricators Heaven, step right in and fling the crap. Spin the Spin and Win!!

If this was some campfire get together late at night I'd say go for it, lie away, give it your best shot!! Well it's not.

Halo, & Virtualgirl, We don't mind playing, however once a hoaxer cries wolf and start to lie to us AFTER they have been found out, than they declared them self persona nongrata and I need not be kind.

Felic, sorry but that doesn't cut the mustard.