Hollywood lied to us.. AGAIN!!!

Justinian

So here's another idea that has had me wondering. I've noticed in a few movies that there will be a fight scene on an upper level of some skyscraper and during the fight scene the guy throws a chair or something through the window then jumps out afterwards into some water below. Now call me crazy here, but I'm just imagining that all that glass has fallen down already with the chair and is waiting on the water for you to jump into it. In my mind I'm imagining some sort of cheese grater like effect when you hit the water. Am I wrong here or wouldn't this really happen? Someone tell me.

BlastTyrant

So here's another idea that has had me wondering. I've noticed in a few movies that there will be a fight scene on an upper level of some skyscraper and during the fight scene the guy throws a chair or something through the window then jumps out afterwards into some water below. Now call me crazy here, but I'm just imagining that all that glass has fallen down already with the chair and is waiting on the water for you to jump into it. In my mind I'm imagining some sort of cheese grater like effect when you hit the water. Am I wrong here or wouldn't this really happen? Someone tell me.
well in theory the glass and chair would sink so by the time he hit the water it would be far enough down that it wouldnt affect him, that all of course depends on the water depth also

Justinian

Well I thought about that, but I wasn't really sure if the glass would actually sink that fast. I mean figure you jump out of the 20th floor. You're going to hit the water and go under about 20 feet or so right? And if you throw the chair and jump right after it.. maybe it wouldn't have time to sink yet? I don't know, but I'm a pessimist. So all I can imagine is jumping into a cheese grater of glass. And especially going feet first, my boys are gonna get diced and sliced.

kurisu

Depends on how high we are talking after you get to a specific height hitting water because equal to hitting concrete