How did you decide your future career?

kurisu

So someone I know decided to ask what my plans for the future where ( career and, etc. ) and, to be honest it's not that I don't know but, more that I have no interest in anything I've looked into doing. So I figured I would as you all ( for those who are older ) how you decided on your career.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I had no idea what to do, so I decided to study in what I was the best (And the only thing I was interested in). Computer Science.

Like you, I didn't find out anything that interested me enough to consider a career. There were some cool things here and there, but nothing that made me all excited about it.

It's not so easy to find what you wanna do.

BlastTyrant

I did what i enjoyed doing, and thats working on computers and being on computers. Took me years to finalyl realise it though.

Crethox

I'm still searching for a future career :ROFLMAO:

Problem was for me that here in the Netherlands you have to decide what you want to do at an early age, unfortunately I didn't know it at that time. Glad though I have the opportunity to go back to college once more...... and then we'll see what happens ;) It's not easy to be absolutely positive on what career you want to pursue.

Crethox

If it was that simple... but if I had known 18 years ago what I know now, I would have made the right choices in putting together the classes I had tot take back then. As they say better late then never.

BlastTyrant

It took me till i was 24 to finally go to college and get into my career that im in now. it also took me a unhealthy amount of jobs to find what i like, trial and error make a list of things you enjoy doing see if there is a career to be made out of it and then see if you can imagine your self doing it for the rest of your life. sounds easier said than done i know

Samstwitch

Best way to find a career is to figure out what you LOVE to do...and then do it! Art, music, writing, building, etc., whatever. That's how people make their fortunes. Do what you love to do! Think about Jason and Grant on "Ghost Hunters - TAPS". They are plumbers, but their passion was Ghost Hunting and they pursued it. Now they have made their fortune.

In Donald Trump's book "How to Get Rich" he also teaches this concept. I have also heard this from other people who have done it. It works! :)

I did what i enjoyed doing, and thats working on computers and being on computers. Took me years to finalyl realise it though.

BlastTyrant did it too!

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.
-- Confucius