How Do We Prevent John War(s)

TheOrangeMan

You may have seen Paul and my discussion in the ?Supply Checklist? thread? this is the resulting thread.

Paul thinks we should be talking about how we prevent the war instead of how we supply ourselves for survival. In a way a supply list is selfish to some degree, I am still a supporter of always being ready for anything. However he poses some interesting questions.

So the question has be posed. . . What can WE do to prevent the war(s)? More so what can we do besides vote?

CaryP

What can WE do to prevent the war(s)? More so what can we do besides vote?

Dude, I'm so disgusted with the whole system I have no clue. With the masses complacently at the trough of consumerism, I don't know if you could wake enough people up to accomplish much with give about 200 million major wake up calls. Problem with that is you'd get a lot of people mad at you. You'd get the blame for pointing out the obvious to them.

So until the masses can wake up and take this country back by peaceful means, it aint gonna happen. If the masses take too long to wake up IMO, violence will be the only alternative left. The bigger question would be what is the best method to wake up the masses without making them mad so that appropriate action can be taken before we cross the point of no return.

Just my thoughts.

Cary

StarLord

I am very sure thats what the whole titor thing is all about. Trying to wake people up to the facts before it is too late. Sad thing is as Cary points out, folks will not believe you untill they have fallen off of the cliff, *THEN* they will blame you for not telling them about something they didn't want to listen to in the beginning.

You can lead a horse to water....

PyRo99

You really can't do much. The world has already set itself up.

If your religious, praying? But, other than that, there isn't much more.

Lonewolf

There is always the option that I try. Attempt to ask people questions that make them think. Make them think they are figuring things out on their own. I can't tell you the number of people that I got to look at the Sept. 11th info just by asking them, "Is jet fuel hot enough to melt industrial grade steel."
The more people exercise that 8 lbs of tissue between their ears the better off it will be.

The_Ruffneck

i have the audio of united air flight 93 , one of the planes involved in 9/11 and the 'captain' talks to air traffic control i think accidentaly , i think he wanted to talk to passengers only....he says 'this is captain....i have the bomb on board' , stuff like that , look up 9/11 +conspiracies on google , thats how i found it

Proves that it wasn't only jet fuel , question i want to know is how many people were in on this thing?

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith

To me it feels like the course is already set. It's like trying to get off the rollercoaster after it's started.

Even if we did manage to stop certain events from happening, would that erase all the scum that's in power? I think not. Things can only get worse before they can get better.

Judge Bean

Originally posted by TheOrangeMan@Sep 20 2004, 09:21 PM
You may have seen Paul and my discussion in the ?Supply Checklist? thread? this is the resulting thread.

Paul thinks we should be talking about how we prevent the war instead of how we supply ourselves for survival. In a way a supply list is selfish to some degree, I am still a supporter of always being ready for anything. However he poses some interesting questions.

So the question has be posed. . . What can WE do to prevent the war(s)? More so what can we do besides vote?

Close enough.

Actually, though, my thought is that you are talking about two-- count'em, two wars. You can prevent both by taking peaceful, legal, nonviolent action now.

There may be ways other than the one I suggest: a Constitutional amendment providing for general impeachment, followed by a national referendum. But there are also other potential scenarios for the near future besides the two radical ones we are discussing.

The first radical scenario is Titor's and its variations: civil upheaval, the breakdown of the social order, capped by massive catastrophe.

The second radical scenario is some variation on the one I propose: the upheaval is confined to the political realm, which in its American form is tough and flexible.

But here is a scenario that has all the marks of coming true as well: nothing big happens. I know, I know, but think of it this way: the best way to control the population is to keep it unexcited. Maintain the status quo. Quiet the middle eastern front. Raise the minimum raise and lower the interest rate. Reign in the stock market. Impose the grand old American order of somnambulatory complacency, tedium, and motel art.

There are many forms of hell, and one of the worst ones is overall banality. We might all just sleepwalk into the horizon.

Lonewolf

Originally posted by TheHeggy@Sep 20 2004, 11:48 PM
To me it feels like the course is already set. It's like trying to get off the rollercoaster after it's started.

Even if we did manage to stop certain events from happening, would that erase all the scum that's in power? I think not. Things can only get worse before they can get better.

Well, I do think that there is a great deal more divergence from John's original timeline then he could specifically calculate. I know this is going to sound a little odd, but that's about par for the course here.

In John's timeline, Y2K did hit. If it had on our timeline, would people still be using Windows software, and would Microsoft still be the largest company in the world, controlling many media centers and computers? No. So how much does that change things?
Quite a bit, in my opinion. It may allow the Government to campaign propoganda to the American Public for longer about how terrorism is "still a threat." And the more control the government has over the people, the more people it will have to try and secure it.
I do believe that the next president will not make it through their term in office, and I don't say that as a threat, just as a belief. I believe that will be the beginning of the civil war. Either that or another botched election.