How To Flush 8m Gallons Of Water

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Because a 21-year-old man was caught on a security camera urinating into a city reservoir, Oregon's biggest city is sending 8 million gallons of treated drinking water down the drain.

Public health officials say, however, that urine is sterile in healthy people and that the urine in the reservoir was so diluted -- perhaps a half pint in millions of gallons -- that it posed little risk.

I guess we drink water with much more disgusting stuff in it than a cup of urine diluted with 8M gallons of water. Would you keep that water?

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/06/20/main20072745.shtml?tag=re1.channel

kcwildman

Beastmaster
sure bet he's hoping they don't make him pay that water bill:eek:..... and yeh theres stuff in the water theyed go to jail for if it was put in the food at the local cafe,,chlorine,,floride,, arsnic,, all kinds of yummy things,,, but hey they are trying to make it safe to drink...cause that stuff is so much better than plain old well water like grandpa drank for close to 90yrs and still worked the 180 acer farm till the day he died...
only in America:rolleyes:

Num7

Administrator
Staff
My uncle still drinks water from a well, it doesn't taste anything. I can't say so about water here, water from the city's water system. Good ol' water.

kcwildman

Beastmaster
just guessing here but I'll lay 10-1 odds that your Uncle almost never gets sick either huh?????
I can still here my old grampa callin me out
HEY!!!! you little savage,, fetch granny some water toot quick boy ...off I would go bucket in hand running....
damn I realy miss that old man:(

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I have no idea about my uncle's health. I guess he's alright. I feel safer drinking his water, than the city's water though. I heard some people can indeed be sick when drinking natural water, if they're too used to filtered water all the time.