How to get real proof for Time traveling

John

The trick would be to get someone like Grayson, Heggy, Jedi, (i.e. someone with credibility within the community). to make the request and then acknowledge that it was fulfilled.

AND the request would have to be initiated by the credible individual and not the Time Travel-wannabe. Otherwise it would discredit the hoax.

Also, if a fairly new member initiated the request for the email, it would then discredit the hoax and appear to be a conspiracy. It would indeed have to be elaborately planned and have help from "the inside".

Snow

Sigh. I didn't make the credibilty list. I insist that one female be added to the credibility list.

>:D<

Edit typos add hug!

StarLord

I have often Wondered why the Pope isn't female too. You don't supose it's a conspiricy do you?

Snow

Originally posted by StarLord@Oct 21 2004, 11:41 AM
I have often Wondered why the Pope isn't female too. You don't supose it's a conspiricy do you?

Careful - your Self is showing. :lol:

Loomed

Fringan,

It doesn't matter how short you make your time travel backwards to send the email. With your calculations, even 1 hour is less than a .000002% "divergence". It is still a different worldline with a different you there. It's just that the you from that worldline is only .000002% different from the real you on this worldline, but is still not you. Thus, you would never get the email because it was a different you receiving it in the first place. I don't think it would be possible to ever prove a time travel story in this way.

Razimus

Originally posted by StarLord@Oct 21 2004, 09:41 AM

At the time being a female pope is not accepted simply because only a male can hold the power, according to the Catholics, but a female pope may have existed.

Here's a story on her: Pope Joan.

About this 2% divergance from the worldline muck, I'm sorry to say if you consider the 2%, and even do calculations on it, you probably buy into the JT story. I consider it to be a thought out hoax, but a hoax none the less, with lots of holes in the story.

---Razimus

Fringan

Originally posted by Loomed@Oct 22 2004, 04:18 AM
Fringan,

It doesn't matter how short you make your time travel backwards to send the email. With your calculations, even 1 hour is less than a .000002% \"divergence\". It is still a different worldline with a different you there. It's just that the you from that worldline is only .000002% different from the real you on this worldline, but is still not you. Thus, you would never get the email because it was a different you receiving it in the first place. I don't think it would be possible to ever prove a time travel story in this way.

According to the way I reason, the two worldlines should be so very similar tghat both "me":s should get an E-mail from a time traveler. Otherwise the divergence is too large and you would have to try the experiment again, havnig the time traveler go back an even shorter distance to make the differenses between the world line even smaller.
Remember 0.000002% difference also means 99.999998% similarity.

Fringan

Originally posted by Razimus@Oct 22 2004, 04:21 AM
About this 2% divergance from the worldline muck, I'm sorry to say if you consider the 2%, and even do calculations on it, you probably buy into the JT story. I consider it to be a thought out hoax, but a hoax none the less, with lots of holes in the story.

Actually I don't believe Titor was a time traveler and I'm not sure I believe time traveling is possible at all.
My purpose of writing this thread was to make people aware that predictions and detailed descriptions of the future or even vague technical specs of "flux capacitators" or whatever is not good proof.

I think especially the part with this 5100 is easy to debunk and thats why I picked this subject to prove my point.

John

Originally posted by Snow Fire Watches@Oct 21 2004, 12:17 PM
Sigh. I didn't make the credibilty list. I insist that one female be added to the credibility list.

>:D<

Edit typos add hug!
Hehe. Ok I will add you, Kira and Sue to the list. That way three boys and three girls. But really, I didn't mean to limit the list like that. I was intending to be all inclusive of the trusted members of the board...aka the veterans.