how to pick an avatar?

advntrjnky

well, I've been coming here for 5 years now....through a few interations and was wondering what process you guys use to choose your avatar picture? i had one about 3 years ago before the big series of shut downs and was not totally happy with and have been feeling a need to put one up in the new format now. what say you? how should i go about personalizing my online presence here?

thanks for any input!

advntrjnky

Num7

Administrator
Staff
That's a tough question.

My avatar is from the first Back to the Future movie, during the skateboard chase. It's one of my favourite moments in the movie, and I just figured it'd make a cool avatar. I had a little DeLorean as an avatar a few years ago, but I decided to use the skateboard pic once again about a year ago.

People are supposed to look at avatars to know who's talking. The picture you're going to use as your avatar is going to make people think of you.

That's how I see it, I have no idea if it makes sense!!

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith
Are you asking how to go about selecting one for use, or how to upload one?

If it's the first, I just pick something that sorta describes my interests and personality. Spock with some awesome red shades? Why yes, I think I will.

If it's the second, you can just go here: http://paranormalis.com/account/avatar

Whitelight

I chose mine because it's the photo that represents my name! I love Gorillaz and White Light was a song that helped me get through everything.

advntrjnky

thanks for the help! It'll take me a bit, but i'll find a good picture to represent me soon. I just don't want it to be underwhelming when people see it:)

advntrjnky