How?

Sebastian

How?

G'day y'all,

i'm kinda new to this and need some answers.

Now, at C (speed of light), time stands still... and when you're faster than C, time goes backwards - is that correct so far?

Then I wonder how it would be possible to go forward, so faster than time itself. I heard that you're already travelling into the future when you're on a plane .. maybe not quick, but is that true... i mean, the faster you are, the faster time goes by?

Then I heard from someone here on this site that, the faster you are, the slower time goes by... now what's correct?

StarLord

Re: How?

That's a really great question. If it was me, I'd have to see if I could find the directory for Metropolis, ask for The Daily Planet and hope that Clark Kent is still employed there. (Scuttlebutt reports indicate that he and Superman are still good friends)

We have proof, (Film) that he, (Superman) could actually choose the direction of time travel he wanted by simply flying really damn fast either clockwise for forward or anticlockwise to go back into time.
(kids! please do not try this at home as the only way to circumvent the friction from this kind of travel is to own a suit like he does, not to mention you are going to have to hold your breath for god knows how long, so if you pass out trying to do this you may wind up only god knows where in time, it's not worth getting lost in time just to impress your friends)

DadOf5

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Sebastian\")</div>
Then I heard from someone here on this site that, the faster you are, the slower time goes by... now what's correct?[/b]

The faster you go, the slower time goes by in your perspective. Because you are moving faster than light, or time, time passes more slowly to you, relative to everything else.

Sebastian

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"DadOf5\")</div>
The faster you go, the slower time goes by in your perspective. Because you are moving faster than light, or time, time passes more slowly to you, relative to everything else.[/b]

But lets say you arent faster than light... lets say you're close to lightspeed, but you didnt reach it yet.

DadOf5

As you approach the speed of light, the photons that are whizzing by you at this moment will appear to be moving slower, dialating your perception of time. Think of standing beside a road watching cars go by at 60 mph. When you are immoble, they seem to be moving incredibly fast, but if you are traveling at 50 mph in the same direction as these cars, they appear, from your perspective, to be moving at only 10 mph.

StarLord

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"DadOf5\")</div>
The faster you go, the slower time goes by in your perspective. Because you are moving faster than light, or time, time passes more slowly to you, relative to everything else.[/b]

Yes, but that's just slowing the passage of time. It's not traveling into the past though is it?