Hypnotherapy for anxiety

Wind7

Staff
In what ways Windy?

A bit of the old..."Anything you could do..I could do BETTER," ....Syndrome when they haven't a clue how to.
I know my tasks at hand and have been with this career for 26 years now and it gets frustrating
when I'm being told to do something that won't work, so I must prove it anyway. Enormous wastes of time.

Add to that a heaping serving of denial (I might not always be right..But, I am NEVER WRONG!)
And my main boss sometimes takes an idea brought to him, denies it and then
will show up an hour later taking your idea as his own and...all the credit.

I could go on with other, more daunting thingies but I don't like causing negativity where I go to escape it.
(This place called Paranormalis. ;) )

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I've had bosses like that in the past. I quit. Took a while to beat the inertia and figure out what I had to do. Changing jobs is scary, man. But it's worth it. It can be so much better.

I'm so much better at my current job, it's incredible. I miss the good colleagues I left there, but I don't miss the useless bosses who won't let you do your job. Those little dictators who don't know, don't understand what you do, yet, have to tell you how to do it.

If you're comfortable with it, can you remind us what kind of work you do?

And just to steer back into the topic, these situations would cause me quite a bit of anxiety. Not cool. And above all, not worth it.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
If it can be of any help, here are my primary symptoms. Don't worry, I don't feel them all at once. I feel a few of them at a time, depending how I feel, how things go, what happens, when, where, etc.
  • Giant stress ball in my stomach. It's always there.
  • Feeling off-center, disconnected from reality. Feeling late to the party all the time.
  • A feeling of surviving rather than living.
  • Feel like you're always in a hurry to move to the next thing. Never feel anything's done.
  • Feel like you have no time. In general and for yourself.
  • Always need to relax. You'd relax for an entire day, week, month and it won't be enough.
  • Feeling worthless, like you're bad at everything. Generalized feeling of butthurt. Feeling inferior, total lack of self confidence.
  • Racing mind when going to sleep.
  • Thinking about shit from the past. You're feeling good today? Let's think about something from the past that made you feel bad!!
  • Procrastination.
  • I'm a home buddy. I sometimes don't feel comfortable in crowded places.
I suppose there's several kinds of anxiety. I used to take pills that did wonders, for the first time in my life, I didn't feel anxiety. You can't spend your whole life taking that crap.

I stopped those pills 2 years ago. I've been looking for new ways to relieve anxiety since then, with not much success.

Funny thing is, I'm good at hiding it. I hid it from myself for 30 years! People I work with probably don't even know I deal with it. I'm told I'm great at communicating and I seem to have a ton of self-confidence. Whaaat?!? They're probably right and I'm the one hurting myself. :(

That's where I am right now.

I don't agree that all those things listed are due to anxiety. In my experience it is not the emotion that causes these thoughts. It is the other way around. Your thoughts evoke emotions that you get to experience. Yet you are choosing unhealthy thoughts. It's your choice. If you don't like the emotions you associate with your favorite thoughts, then choose other thoughts that evoke other emotions. To me it's like you prefer to think the unhealthy thoughts and then complain about the way you feel. It's like holding your hand over an open flame and then complaining because you got burnt. Yet you chose to do this. If you want to change, you will have to make a conscious effort to stop with the unhealthy thoughts. Try this: Make a list of alternate healthy thoughts you could be thinking. Memorize the list! Every time you catch youself falling into your anxiety trap, recite your healthy thought list. This method worked for me when I quit smoking 37 years ago. Haven't had a cigarette since.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I don't agree that all those things listed are due to anxiety. In my experience it is not the emotion that causes these thoughts. It is the other way around. Your thoughts evoke emotions that you get to experience. Yet you are choosing unhealthy thoughts. It's your choice. If you don't like the emotions you associate with your favorite thoughts, then choose other thoughts that evoke other emotions. To me it's like you prefer to think the unhealthy thoughts and then complain about the way you feel. It's like holding your hand over an open flame and then complaining because you got burnt. Yet you chose to do this. If you want to change, you will have to make a conscious effort to stop with the unhealthy thoughts. Try this: Make a list of alternate healthy thoughts you could be thinking. Memorize the list! Every time you catch youself falling into your anxiety trap, recite your healthy thought list. This method worked for me when I quit smoking 37 years ago. Haven't had a cigarette since.
Wow, I've never seen it that way. Thank you for sharing this, man. I never considered this point of view, it's new to me and it makes sense.

My GF often says I listen to myself waaaaaay to much. Maybe she's right. I'm my worst enemy.

I'm going to make a list and try it.

Wind7

Staff
I've had bosses like that in the past. I quit. Took a while to beat the inertia and figure out what I had to do. Changing jobs is scary, man. But it's worth it. It can be so much better.

I'm so much better at my current job, it's incredible. I miss the good colleagues I left there, but I don't miss the useless bosses who won't let you do your job. Those little dictators who don't know, don't understand what you do, yet, have to tell you how to do it.

If you're comfortable with it, can you remind us what kind of work you do?

And just to steer back into the topic, these situations would cause me quite a bit of anxiety. Not cool. And above all, not worth it.

I work in the metal fabrication industry setting up stamping....forming.....piercing.....and deburring machinery.
There are only 2 people who know how to set up this equipment @ my place of employment,
myself and the guy on 1st shift who's threatening to retire next year.

....And yes, the anxiety the Mgmt creates for myself and others have created a virtual yearly revolving door of new employees.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
...And yes, the anxiety the Mgmt creates for myself and others have created a virtual yearly revolving door of new employees.
Went through this in my previous job earlier this year. At some point, the turnover rate for some positions was 3 months. Management don't have a clue they're the problem.

You guys, who stay, gotta mop what those who quit leave the management with. That sucks and it's definitely something that triggers mad anxiety.

What if you were the next one to move to greener pastures?