I’m undergoing general anaesthesia soon. Can I use it to shift into another universe?

BlastTyrant

For him not exactly. If done correctly his entire body would disappear out of this universe because his soul would transfer there first or at the same time and the physical body always follows the soul. For his family and friends it would be like he died more or less except they wouldn't have anything to put in a casket but for him, he would live on in the new universe but it would most likely be a parallel one. Probably much the same as this one in terms of what people do and say. If fact it might even be so similar that he wouldn't know he traveled at all. The things that usually do change are corporate logos.
There is no "Doing it correctly" There is zero cases of any forum of time travel actually happening, and for the physical body to actually vanish while being monitored? No chance. The body is simply a vessel we do not take it when we die it gets left behind, what he and you are speaking of is death to which the body stays here.

If someone just vanished mid surgery in-front of doctors and nurses and while hooked to machines it would be every where.

I cant speak to slipping dimensions which i do believe happens, which sounds more to what you're speaking of not traveling back in time to start your life over.