I am a time traveler

Miscellaneous

chocomil said:
Pop music becomes universal.
Music is universal? :ROFLMAO: OMG. Talk to an alien by using music. Can the alien understand you or know what you're trying to say? There are even some scientists who say that 'math is universal.' Try communicating to a being using only numbers. Mathematics is a human created system and other aliens' mathematics could be different. OMG. Just imagine blasting a pop music in front of an alien. Would they do a break dance? :ROFLMAO: I wonder..

Our ignorance as a race is astounding. :(
Who said aliens don't enjoy music? I think it's one of the major reasons there are aliens incarnating as humans in the first place. Pop music can mean bands like The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix, and Led Zeppelin. Those are the kind of bands the term was originally applied to, believe it or not. Pink Floyd was called a "pop group" in early interviews. Pretty sure OP didn't mean the soulless manufactured garbage being pumped/pimped by the media these days would make a difference. Don't underestimate the power of art. Just look at the 60's. I think it's ignorant to assume aliens don't appreciate creativity, and the significance of what the human race was able to achieve through music back then.

That being said, I'm pretty sure that by "universal" OP was just referring to planet Earth, in the sense of countries coming together.

1. Who said aliens aren't creative?
2. Assuming that aliens (or a lot of aliens) knows our language to enjoy pop music.
3. OP should have been specific on what s/he means by "pop music is universal." You shouldn't defend OP's claims because those are YOUR assumptions (that OP probably meant the whole world and not the universe as a whole) because (like I said) OP should have been more specific.
4. With relevance to #1, who said anything about underestimating art?
5. I honestly think that OP should not have used the word "universal." Because one would think that we're talking about the whole universe. Earth is just a micro life among the vast billions of life forms in space. IF it's really the whole world that OP meant then why not just use the word, "global" or "worldwide" instead?

See. This is why you should be specific when putting out claims. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

TimeFlipper

The reason why the Aliens like our music is because of the tempo and the divergence of the musical frequencies..
We are not any different to them in this respect, as we unconsciously also love the musical frequencies and the tempo`s helps us to feel relaxed, introspective and //or excited....I believe our Universe is filled with music :)

bluejay_1919

The reason why the Aliens like our music is because of the tempo and the divergence of the musical frequencies..
We are not any different to them in this respect, as we unconsciously also love the musical frequencies and the tempo`s helps us to feel relaxed, introspective and //or excited....I believe our Universe is filled with music :)
Well said, TimeFlipper. Spoken like a true musician.

TimeFlipper

Well said, TimeFlipper. Spoken like a true musician.
Awww thank you :rolleyes::D