I believe in ghosts, but not aliens?

CDS

I've had my share of "ghostly encounters" but no UFO or alien encounters. I've wondered if what I have encountered is of alien origin. Yes and of could it also be inter dimensional.

ParaGirlProductions

I'm a bit screwed up. I believe in ghosts but not aliens. Can anyone try to clarify that for me. Should make for an interesting discussion.
I had experiences with the paranormal but I haven't seen a UFO, my bf thinks he has seen something weird in the sky but I don't know, I mean.. anything is possible, xx

Khaos

where the wild things are
I'm a bit screwed up. I believe in ghosts but not aliens. Can anyone try to clarify that for me. Should make for an interesting discussion.

I know people who believe we are the only life in this universe and it makes sense if you draw connections in certain areas. Earth is 4.5 billion years old, the solar system is 4.6 billion years old and the universe is 13.8 billion years old. You scrunch that together and you get a bigger picture than you realize. You realize that we have only been around half the time the universe has been around. And it took 9 billion years for our solar system and planet to get here from the start of the universe. Which means, we are very early.

If you look the universe and see how its constantly expanding, you'll realize that farther out, not a whole lot of galaxies, and other cosmic crap exists. Thus meaning, we're in a goldilocks zone. Anything this close, is probably going to have the elements for life.

I know my rambling doesn't make sense, but does the universe make sense itself? We as mammals have been around for 200 million years, and we as humans have been around for 200,000 years and we still haven't figured out the meaning of our existence, why are we here? To live for sure, but there has to be a bit more than that.

Anyways, onto the next piece of your topic. Ghosts and Aliens. I'd say both subjects can be similar in certain lights, they are both mysterious, they are both awe inspiring, the question about if life exists elsewhere in the universe, and the question if life exists after death, is something remarkable. It makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up when you think about it.

The reason you believe in Ghosts but not Aliens is because you haven't had the pleasure of meeting an alien, but have had the pleasure of meeting a ghost. The more experiences you have in a certain subject, the more your belief is reinforced. Its like Atheism, the more time you spend researching the non-existence of a god/higher power, the more time you spend denouncing a god/higher power, you keep reinforcing your belief that there is no god/higher power. That we are truly alone, as someone else pointed out, accidental bags of protein.

But on the flipside if you preach the word, worship and spend your days with your nose buried in your favorite religious text, your beliefs in a god/higher power are reinforced. So therefore people who spend their days researching ghosts, whether that be believers or skeptics, who go on ghost hunts, or have experiences, their beliefs are reinforced. And a person who continually has UFO/Alien experiences, their beliefs are reinforced.

I take it your one of those who doesn't jump on the bandwagon if you see some mysterious lights in the sky, you immediately label it a shooting star or a passing airplane. That is how I am with both aliens and ghosts too. I'm not a diehard nutcase believer. I'm a believer but also a skeptic. Do I think we're utterly alone on this world? No, I believe there is another dimension, another side we don't know about. We're made of energy, energy which cannot be destroyed. Who's to say that this energy which powers our thoughts, emotions, actions, words, behavior, etc can't be imprinted into the environment around us? Thus creating a haunting.

Same goes for life elsewhere in the galaxy/universe. I believe life exists, we might not have the evidence for it like we do ghosts, but you read into ancient aliens, you read into evolution of humans and evolution of technology, you start drawing lines, connecting the dots, you'll realize, we aren't alone... something put us here.