I Can See the Future in Dreams

NatusLiber

Miscellaneous

I think everyone can dream about the future. Some more than others. That's why some say they feel like it's 'deja Vu' some see the future through symbolism or meanings in their dreams. Some just really don't remember their dreams.

In the dream forum where I go, some people call it 'prophetic dreams.'

Snake Plissken

I believe..
Zenith
This happened to me once..

I used to run a Squash Club, probably 20 years ago now. I had a couple of guys that worked for me and a small regular clientele. There were two older guys that used to play late on a Wednesday night. I remember having a dream that I was walking through the club and cast my gaze through the glassback of the court and seeing one of these two guys lay on the floor with the other leaning over him, as if he had had a coronary or cardiac arrest and other was trying to help him. It was a strange dream, one of several that night and easily forgettable but I didn't forget it and fortunately I did tell one of my staff members a few days later.

About a month passed.. I'd just got out of the showers one Wednesday evening after playing when that staff member ran in to the changing rooms and said 'you know that dream you told me about, well it's just come true'

The ambulance was called and the guy was taken away - he survived that night but never returned to play again, I don't know what happened to him in the long run. I'm glad I told my employee and that he was able to verify the dream. It had happened just as I had seen apart from the fact that they had traded places. The guy in the dream who had helped the other was actually the guy who collapsed.

This has never happened again to my knowledge. I think that we probably all have prophetic dreams but most people do not understand or remember them.

Wee

The first time was in 2003; I dreamed that summer I was in my room, stripped bare of everything but the bed and a sheet. My chihuahua was with me. A black kitten materialized from thin air, and scratched my dog, making her hide under the sheets. I scolded the kitten, but in my reprimand, it scratched me, too. It felt like my arm was on fire.

The closet doors swung open on their own. It was empty. A voice called out from it, "BEWARE THE RED MAW!" I bolted from my bed down the hallway, and got all the way there before remembering my dog. When I came back to the room to grab her, the scene had changed: A 15-ft long arm, scorched and burned all over, was dragging my dog across the floor and into the closet. A train engine had burst through the wall where my bed was, and its cattle plow was slathered in blood and gore. Only a bloody stain on the closet wall, near the carpet, was visible when I searched further for the dog.
The next week, my cousin killed herself on the railroad tracks.

In 2013, I slept with a coworker. Another male coworker hit on her in front of me. That night, I dreamt I slugged him in a vacant room. When I exited into a hallway, four officers in green uniforms were waiting for me.
Ten minutes later, I'm awake, walking to the gas station for smokes first thing. Then a cruiser cuts me off up front, and another from behind, and in total, four officers in green uniforms confront me for a civil call - which I was cleared of on the spot.

I predicted two futures at once in a single dream, but only once so far. I dreamed of driving through a city in the future, where the walls gleamed white every which way, and a hovering fortress of a commercial cocoon was seen in the visible distance. I stopped midway at a carnival show, where a barker asked, "Orange or white?" I picked orange, and two lion cubs - one orange, one white - came out to fight. The white one swiped the orange one, and my cat disappeared.
I woke up, and three seconds later, my 3-month-old adoptee cat killed my neighbor's cat. I was seeing my neighbor at the time, so it was bad enough, already. She is forgiving, though, and willing to see very wise and positive things Baby killed her cat by pushing him off a table into a litterbox, breaking his neck.
A year and a half later, and I view a DBZ fan-made trailer for a Trunks movie. The city they show is the city from the same dream, only further into the future. Brick by brick, that was the city from my dream. The video ended with saying there was hope for the future. So I've followed it since.

Last night, I had a dream I had three violent encounters with criminals in the night of the city. After the first two, I came to a carpenter's stand, who showed me about drumstick making. He held my shoddy, unfinished attempt in his left hand, and a perfect, finished product out in his right.
I had three hostile exchanges at work. In between 2 and 3, a guy who matched the physical description of the carpenter in my dream approached. When I checked out his items, I handed him his third bag with his change. He held out his right hand, and inside his wrist was a perfect tattoo of the drumsticks I saw him holding in my dream.

There are a lot more than that, but those are the more basic, solid ones. I'm happy to finally talk about it.

I don't know if it's really telling the future, but I know almost 7 days before hand when someone is going to die. I knew a week before my grandfather died...I can't explain it..I just knew. I asked my mom if he was okay and she said, yes, its just a touch of pneumonia. And I said "no...its not" ...I prayed that night and asked God to make it quick and painless.

He died of a massive aneurysm the following week. It was very quick.

I knew again when my grandmother had fallen down the stairs and had hit her head on the stairs. She was talking and knew everything, but I told my cousin to say her goodbyes. She wasn't going to make it.
The MRI 24 hours later showed an inoperable bleed to the brain. She died within 3 days.

When I stayed with my mom, her pug figurine flew off the table behind me. Smokey, her dog was asleep on the couch. I told her he wasn't going to make it much longer. Two mornings later he was breathing heavy. I kiissed him goodbye before leaving for work. He died in her arms that afternoon at the vet of congestive heart failure.

I can't explain it, but for some reason I just know.

jcolanzi

I think precognitive dreams are more common than reported. One reason is that the majority of people don't practice remembering their dreams and therefore wouldn't know when they've dreamt of the future.

Another reason is precognitive dreams are often shrugged off as coincidence.