I have a question.

Lua

I think you're right - kind of.

Imagine that there is this enormous checkerboard, and that each square contains a single moment.

All of these moments exist now but, without a conscious mind to perceive them, they do not happen now. As our consciousness passes from one square to the next, we perceive time as passing and as events happening. As we leave a square it becomes inactive for us - although it may still be active due to another consciousness occupying that square. As we move along the squares, a timeline is created, but a timeline is nothing more than a way of denoting the trail which our consciousness makes along the board.

Keep in mind that the above example is only a representation. Our checkerboard would not be two- or even three-dimensional, but existing over every possible dimension.

Going back to our 2-d checkerboard, we have placed a checker (representing our consciousness) on a square, and are moving it around the board. However, when we try to lift the checker from the board in order to move it to a non-adjacent square, we find that we are unable to do so. This is because our 2-d checkerboard is a representation of existence is all of its dimensions, therefore it is not possible to find yet another dimension to move the checker into.

Time-travel (if it exists) involves the consciousness taking a path which may seem to violate the "no move to a non-adjacent square" rule, but it does not, because an adjacent square may be located in, say, the 8th dimension, which if followed would take us to a square which (in 4-d) would be perceived as being far removed from the last square we occupied.

You know that question of the sound which a tree makes when it falls? Well i really think that the existence of the tree sound falling on the ground doenst depends of being heard or not.Although its interesting what you say.Who knows for sure? What seems to me to be a violation is the idea of the consciousness having borders as limitations.

Last edited:

taykair

Have you figured out how to alter your path through time?

Yes, but only in the same, mundane fashion that everyone else employs: By making conscious decisions.

As for the use of a device or a technique for getting to a specific square on the checkerboard: It is quite possible that, in higher dimensions, all squares are adjacent and it is therefore allowable to move to any of them though the use of such. However, it is not the device or the technique that causes "time-travel". It is, rather, the natural state of existence being what it is.

On some dimensional level, my square of "right here, right now" may be adjacent to squares that may be in Mesopotamia 12,000 years ago, or on a planet light-years away in the distant "future", or in this exact spot five seconds ago, or in another part of the universe at this exact moment. The gateways are there, but I have no means (other than memory and imagination) of going there.

And so I plod along. But I'm content with that.

taykair

What seems to me to be a violation is the idea of the consciousness having borders as limitations.

I believe that consciousness does have borders or limitations. Otherwise, we would be everything, at every time, and everywhere.

However, we are ourselves, right here, and right now.

This is not to say that we won't get there - or that "there" doesn't already exist. It does, along with everything else.

Maybe some have even experienced a brief moment when they occupied the "God Square". Who knows? I suppose it would be nice to read every page of the Book of Existence all at one time, but it's a lot more interesting to go from one page to the next.

taykair

be everything, at every time, and everywhere.Heres your answer.

Yes. That's existence in the God Square - the square that contains all the others.

It is a goal which, perhaps, the consciousness will one day achieve.

Or, perhaps, we are already there, and are only remembering. Who knows?

Tweety

Let’s think for a second that whatever our parents did before our conception affects the very fact we are here. If for one millisecond, they did something different, we would not have been born. Like the obvious, if Beth’s mom arrived at the airport a minute later, something would have interfered with her mom meeting her dad thus the two never date nor have a relationship leading to marriage. If they moved elsewhere other than where they lived at the time, then they might have been doing something else that evening. If they had been even one minute off from their intimacy, then there would have been different seeds from Beth’s father resulting in either no birth or someone else being born thus there would not be an existence of Beth. If the baby was a girl, they might have named her Beth but it would have been a different person altogether and not the Beth that exists today.

Also let’s take into consideration that Beth’s mom would not have been at airport that day if her job did not have a crisis a few months ago in which only Beth’s mom was the only one in her department who could solve it. Therefore, her trip to Seattle to visit her parents was delayed. If her trip was not delayed, she never would’ve met Beth’s father.

Peaceseeker

I was thinking about timelines.

It seems to be the more common though amongst most folk that it is not possible to travel along one's own timeline. With that being said, and if it were the case, then why do time travellers travel, as their reasons often involve altering future events in their time?

Also, why would, if the Mandela effect is in place, would these changes occur in our timeline but serve no purpose?

I am not sure about the Mandela effect, but the first part of Your question i do have an answer for.

The answer, is , mainly because of one's own view point. Myself, if i was able to Time Travel, even if it was onto an alternate world line, through Time, I would do it, and it might sound a bit selfish, or not , i guess it depends on how one looks at it.

yet it would be, To experience a change or an experience which I would not otherwise be able to experience, if one does not go on the journey through Time.

For example, if one goes through time to try and help see a different outcome, though one would not return to their own world line perhaps, at least one could experience helping one World line that would be similar to their own that they left, and with any hope, by doing so, it would improve the chances that someone, a double, would return to one's own world line, with what was needed to help that world line.

So, knowing the chances might be higher if one does go, Time Travel, , (like going into a mirror beside a mirror, if that makes sense)- (since in the mirror, your stepping into the next one, , the chance a double of ones self before you, --alternate world line-- would step into your universe you are leaving, because that is what your doing, almost like, similar universes exist closer to each other). i hope i explained that alright. :) Anyhow, believing that the chance is larger, perhaps, if one does travel, that another one would travel to the world line your leaving, to help that world line, traveling onto another world line , universe, though you might not be helping your own, might actually help your own .

Before i type so much more, making this longer than intended lol, i better stop typing lol , i would , if i could , travel to another Time, even if a different world line , parallel universe, to travel to a world where peace exists, where its like star trek the next generation where all are helped thanks to tech. And , if possible, return to the present and share the tech to help the world move into peace quicker , with tech.

anyhow there's my mind all over the place as usual. peace :)

Last edited: