I heard that you can build an HDR time machine at home and you can buy all the parts at Radio Shack?

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Yes, it's true. I am currently assembling one this week. Lots of information online about it. There are currently two different schematics online, that show how the components are arranged. By combining both schematics you come up with the current configuration of how Steven Gibbs is assembling them. I have been getting lots of info on YouTube from a guy that calls himself CarlosX. Although making the magnet is a bit harder than I thought. I tried to obtain the soft iron core and found out it is no longer an easy item to hunt down. It used to be what barbells were made of. But apparently not anymore. Luckily I happen to have an electromagnet from a Multiverse Resonator that I built years ago. That electromagnet I made for the Multiverse Resonator isn't constructed the same as what Steven Gibbs is currently offering. But it does have the soft iron core from an old barbell that I acquired years ago. So I'm going to use the iron core from that previous electromagnet to construct Steven Gibbs current design. I had to order some magnet wire too. The magnet wire isn't easy to find either. I got lucky and found a guy on eBay willing to part with the quantity I needed for only 30 dollars. But the magnet wire can easily be the most expensive part of the HDR. I found a reference saying that you need to use 2000 feet of 21 gauge magnet wire for the electromagnet. Of course you can still get Steven Gibbs to make you one. It's not cheap though.

trekie4ever

If you wouldn't mind could you forward me some of the information you found in PM Einstein? I'll have a LOT of free time (no job haha) come January and would love to spend the extra time tinkering

HDRKID

I use to have a parts list with SKU numbers so people could get all the parts they needed and I can post it again.

Yes, copper magnet wire is expensive. Steven Gibbs says to try to get pure copper. There are some alloys that are stronger, but the harmonics are wrong. Here is a partial HDR parts list.

All the best to you.

ZeoEmeraude

It means: a Huge Drain on your financial Resources. I would add more sarcasm to this already tired debate...but I've been down this road and I refuse to waste any more brain cells on it. Have fun and remember...the U.S. Government will NOT give you a disability check for frying your brain with an electromagnet.

steven chiverton

Is this true?? Does anyone know how by any chance? o_0
yes first you need the schematics luckily someone who owns a steven gibbs hdr was able to look inside it and draw the schematics which i've built 3 hdr units by. as for the radio shack parts well all you need is the 2x 50k 500vdc potentiometers and since radio shack has gone broke there's maybe a few sellers selling them on e bay still and i've brought the last 4 of them and got them today , so on ebay type down radio shack parts, and go for a look , as for the caducous pancake coil, used as a rubbing coil easy to make with a pvc made winding gig you can make at home , as for the witness well i wound mine from wire twisted into a long caducous type and the rest is easy , if you cant get the 50k potentiometers anymore then the wire wound precision 50k potentiometers sold on e bay may be a good replacement as for the switches use the plastic ac mains type safer