I think Ghosts are time travel messups!

hexxy

I think Ghosts are time travel messups!

So say i make a time machine and it works.

i travel back in time.

As soon as i arrive in the past if im not totally invisable in all way shape and forms i pose a threat of altering time.

in billions of different ways how ever tiny, i could change something and undo the future which is my present.

thats why i think ghosts are time travellers totally invisable.

sightings of them are errors in time travel.

which would mean i could have one watching me right now.

what do you think?

StarLord

Re: I think Ghosts are time travel messups!

Quick!!! Grab some sunglasses, so they wont recognize you, and that will force them to go on to the next person!!!!

hexxy

hey no fair im being serious.

i want ur thoughts and views to prove me wrong not make me laugh :D

StarLord

Don't tell me you forgot that laughter scares the jujubees out of ghosts???

darkbreed

Some ghosts are "lost" souls, some are pranksters, some are spirits of other sorts lurkin there on "the other side". I guess some _could_ be time travelers, spesifically astral projectors.

Lucidus

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"hexxy\")</div>
So say i make a time machine and it works.

i travel back in time.

As soon as i arrive in the past if im not totally invisable in all way shape and forms i pose a threat of altering time.

in billions of different ways how ever tiny, i could change something and undo the future which is my present.

thats why i think ghosts are time travellers totally invisable.

sightings of them are errors in time travel.

which would mean i could have one watching me right now.

what do you think?[/b]

Well hexxy it would be almost impossible to prove this, but Occam's razor might be of help.

ghost are:

a. time travel screw ups - requires the existance of time travel.

b. disembodied spirits - requires a consciousness that can survive without a physical body.

c. human folktales - requires an active human imagination.

Which is the simpliest and therefor most likely explanation?

I would say c but your results may vary.

hexxy

time travel might exist but to prove it does might undo the fact it exists.

i figure that ghosts are the ultimate stealth mode.
all the spritual beliefs around ghosts could be disproved if what i think is true.

im using the word ghost how about "pure stealth" instead so ppl dont get confused that im talking about a different subject.

it could be a time traveler simply messing up and humans jumping to conclusions trying to make sense of it calling them ghosts though.

i think the only way to time travel is to leave a massive paper trail about the fact that u want to time travel enought to be recorded in history so people in the future can read it like the bible. then disappear to the remotest place on earth and then try and take ur own life. only then will someone from the furture could beable to save you and take you to the future because theres no possible way that u could ever change the future because your trying to leave that present life and time of your own free will.

rather random theorys that i really want ppl to disprove if u can..........

mark

ive heard a lot of theories about time travel but which ones true:
you travel lets say i travel a year into the past would it be as if there are two of me ? or would the me of the future replace the me of the past

Jesus_Bush

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"StarLord\")</div>
Quick!!! Grab some sunglasses, so they wont recognize you, and that will force them to go on to the next person!!!![/b]

I think you're kind of insensitive and seek pleasure from making others feel bad. Who'd had guessed a star wars fan would be the school bully?

BubbuClinton

Lucidus Said:
Well hexxy it would be almost impossible to prove this, but Occam's razor might be of help.

ghost are:

a. time travel screw ups - requires the existance of time travel.

b. disembodied spirits - requires a consciousness that can survive without a physical body.

c. human folktales - requires an active human imagination.

Which is the simpliest and therefor most likely explanation?

I would say c but your results may vary.

The thing about Occam's razor is you need to have all of the facts. Since you don't know the facts about 2 of the 3 choices your list is invalid.

But using your list. Since I don't know about A. (I am way to primitive) but, B) (since you can record Ghosts sounds and measure electromanectic repsonses) and c) Imagination can't be recorded or anything like that. . .

I guess I choose B.

Bubbu