If I was a traveler...

dave

If I was a traveler...

What would I have to say to make you believe me? Also, what could I say that would make it certain I wasn't one?

I'm merely curious, as I don't know if I could think of something that would prove or disprove anyone other than observing their naivety levels.

dave

Re: If I was a traveler...

Yeah, I read already read that. Very funny, and true!

My point is no mater what information a time traveller gave, even if it was "real" evidence, would not be believed as it would be surely impossible for someone to accept.
If Titor did have a '38 dollar bill, who would think anything other than he photoshopped it?

And IMHO his machine does look like some kind of non-descript piece of army surplus(In fact I have seen some rocket launcher remote boxes that look very similar!)

Steve's video of the livingroom leap looks like a crap after-effects job.

but who's to say timetravel leaps don't look like that?

edit: as you can see I've only been on this forum for a little. Other than Titor have there been any attempts of proof (photo, or video) that people here are still out on?

August

dave,

Welcome to the forum. I like this topic; it is the primary reason for my interest in the Titor event and this community. (The great people here are a plus.)

The issue might be this: why is belief so important to us as a species? What do we gain when we tell something to someone, a stranger maybe, and they believe us? What do we gain at all? What do we lose if they don't believe us?

Take a hypothetical situation. Take the greatest true accomplishment of your life and share it with a stranger. Or take an amazing but true event in your life and share it. The stranger does not believe you and tells you this. What is your response?

A. You go to great lengths to convince the stranger that you are telling the truth.

B. You shrug your shoulders and continue on with life. Because you were there at the accomplishment/amazing event, no?

If A, then you unfortunately have a fractured ego and spend most of your day convincing yourself that it really happened. Not much confidence there.

If B, you have responded in the typical fashion. If we must prove our great accomplishments, then there is somthing very dark and hollow at the center of our spirits.

If someone tells me something amazing, unbelievable, and my eye betrays a disbelief; and they in turn begin to go out of their way to prove it to me, I scan the room for exits.

dave

I think beleif is an important issue for us as instinctively we rely in trust. We trust in our friends and family to not let us down, and we rely on our gods that they won't kill us today. In order for us to beleive something we subconsciously filter the input from our senses.
ie, 'is that you before me, or have I mistaken someone else?' , 'is it rely that cold or am I sick?'

A classic example of sceptisism and beleif is the UFO phenomena. More widespread that the debate over time travellers. Everyone has a story to tell about UFO's.
I, myself have seen many flying-saucers. They have been close enough to be recognised as not being conventional aircraft. I have seen them clearly in broad daylight, they have moved in unconventional ways, and I have photo's to prove I'm not dreaming.
If I was to post the photo's on the internet they will be ridiculded. What is to say they have not been manipulated in some way or another? Would people believe me any more if I showed them the original slide instead of a jpeg?
And above all, why would I want stranger to believe me? It frustrates me that friends and family would not believe me, I wanted to share my sightings with them and for them to believe me too.

sosuemetoo

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"dave\")</div>
as you can see I've only been on this forum for a little. Other than Titor have there been any attempts of proof (photo, or video) that people here are still out on?[/b]

Dave,
We've all been newbies at one time or another. No worries. Besides John Titor, I believe there is one that people are still out on. His name was Alexander.

Our affiliate, Timetravelportal, has posted copies of certain chatlogs of conversations members had with Alex. Link: http://timetravelportal.com/viewforum.php?f=3

We have had some previous conversations about Alexander, you can do a search on his name in this forum. One thread that seems fairly detailed is this one. Link: http://www.timetravelforum.net/showthread....light=Alexander

As you are reading through those, Maxwell's name will come up. Maxwell was debunked a few months ago. He came back and admitted to it.

JediStryker

Dave, people have been convinced with less. For me, I would have to be at least shown the machine, and would probably require a demonstration before I was "convinced".

CaryP

Welcome to the plantation dave. You've got some interesting comments so far. BTW, I'd love to see your UFO pictures. Maybe you could start a thread on your personal encounters with the pictures added in. I'd be appreciative, as would many members here.

Cary

StarLord

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"dave\")</div>
I think beleif is an important issue for us as instinctively we rely in trust. We trust in our friends and family to not let us down, and we rely on our gods that they won't kill us today. In order for us to beleive something we subconsciously filter the input from our senses.
ie, 'is that you before me, or have I mistaken someone else?' , 'is it rely that cold or am I sick?'

A classic example of sceptisism and beleif is the UFO phenomena. More widespread that the debate over time travellers. Everyone has a story to tell about UFO's.
I, myself have seen many flying-saucers. They have been close enough to be recognised as not being conventional aircraft. I have seen them clearly in broad daylight, they have moved in unconventional ways, and I have photo's to prove I'm not dreaming.
If I was to post the photo's on the internet they will be ridiculded. What is to say they have not been manipulated in some way or another? Would people believe me any more if I showed them the original slide instead of a jpeg?
And above all, why would I want stranger to believe me? It frustrates me that friends and family would not believe me, I wanted to share my sightings with them and for them to believe me too.[/b]

Dave,

You are going to find that in this life, even if you try and describe what would happen to a person if they stood in the middle of the road and got hit by a car, that they would not believe you UNTIL they were actually hit by that car. Sad, is it not?