If you had proof ?

thenumbersix

If you had proof ?

I have been thinking about this for a while now...

If you actually made a time machine, well something capable of sending information through time, say backwards. If your life was un-eventful you could get a message back as far as a month or two before timeline divergence took it away to a different reality.

This is proof, you can send a message back a day and suddenly remember receiving it. Take it a step further and one could set an email server, take messages and send them back a couple of hours then reply to the person who sent it two hours before sending it. Give this address out to people, there's your method of proof, but ultimately it would be tracable.

My real question is, who in their right mind would tell the world ? You would no longer need to work, you'd be rich in days with minimal effort. You obviously can keep yourself occupied so boredem wouldn't be a problem. But most scary, you would have corporations and governments hunting you down for your invention, what would they do with you if you didn't want to share I wonder ? Or were threatening to release it onto the world ? Imagine selling it as a service, ?1000 to send a message back to yourself through time, step aside Billy boy TT'er coming through, heheh...??

Would you....?

mark

Re: If you had proof ?

the only thing id do would be go back change some events in my life , see diferent aspect of the world and then destroy the machine that way i dont have to worry about the goverment.

thenumbersix

Re: If you had proof ?

a noble cause, but how easy would it be to destroy it and let it go, especially if you thought nobody knew about your discovery.

Surely the safest option is to keep it to yourself, anyone that you tell, cos you gotta tell someone, let them in on it, is going to be a good friend so give them freebies n they can win millions as well.

You'd have to be careful not to be too obvious, going in the bookies with a list of the next hours winnings is bound to get you a reputation.