Illuminati card game

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Illuminati card game

Most of you probably already know this game, but I would like to know if some of you actually played it, and what kind of opinion people had about it, before 911.

Was it popular ?
Illuminati is an unusual card game (not a trading card game) made by Steve Jackson Games (SJG), inspired by The Illuminatus! TrilogyRobert Anton Wilson and Robert Shea. The game has ominous secret societies competing with each other to control the world through sinister means, including legal, illegal, and even mystical. It makes fun of conspiracy theories and also contains satirical portrayals of groups not normally associated with conspiracies (Star Trek fans, for example). It can be played by two to eight players. Depending on the number of players, a game can take between one and six hours.
Wiki: Illuminati Card Game

There are some shocking references to 911 in that game, as well as other events that might occur.
Explantions and "smoking gun proofs" like they say, about the "coincidences" in the card game: Illuminati Card Came.

Could it be that simple ?
Did this guy knew what was going to happen ? :eek:

Num7

Condar

Re: Illuminati card game

I read most of those so called "facts" on that page.. this guy didn't know anything. They are really reading too much into the cards. And the last update with in 2003 and we know none of the "future" predictions have come true, it is just a coincidence.

Num7

Administrator
Staff

I'll maybe give a try to this game.
Illuminati: Deluxe Edition | BoardGameGeek

I've read on some sites that it's a pretty complex game.
It's the Deluxe edition, a remake of the original Illuminati game, it's not the collecting-card-game.

Has anyone here ever played any version of the Illuminati card games ?

Num7

Num7

Administrator
Staff

This game is from the 80s.
The CCG is from 1995, but Illuminati is from 1983. It's not new at all !

I don't like collecting-card-games, these things are endless.
All they want is your money, that's it.

Num7

Num7

Administrator
Staff

Yep, I don't like those CCG.
When I was in high school, there were always some people trading their cards at a table in the cafeteria. Every day of the week, they were playing, working on their decks, trading, selling, buying their own cards with each other.

Some of those kids were nerds with big glasses, no joke lol.

Anyway, I'm not bashing people playing CCG games, and I didn't bash them in that time. It's just not the kind of game I like.

I always prefered games that didn't involve card collecting ! :D
This way, it didn't matter if your mom had more money to buy you new packs of cards !

Num7

Whitelight

They were the ones that always got made fun of. I played it with my boyfriend when I was 15 at his grandma's, but I wasn't full out open nerd.

Whatever floats your boat, and whatever you find fun, why not? High school is just too judgemental.

I used to get my allowance every weekend and by two packs of pokemon cards. It was the highlight of my week.

Num7

Administrator
Staff

If you like it, why would you care what other people might think ?
I never been so cool in high school. I might even say I was almost in the nerd category.
I'm no longer the nerd I used to be in highschool :p

Num7

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith

It seems like most, if not all of the people who were popular in high school have turned out to be complete douchebags. Most of the nerdy people I knew from school have ended up being really great people or have become very successful. It's awesome.