Inauguration of George W. Bush

StarLord

Uni,
You missed the point I think. I would wager that a great number of those voters that were no-show were the disenfranchised read: screwed people, that were not allowed to vote due to scum tactics pulled by the Candyman and company.

Unintentional

If 40% of registered voters (that's 76 million people) were disenfranchised, screwed and not allowed to vote, we would be in the 43rd day of the most bloody massive revolt since the revolution. The sad fact is that those people either forgot or conciously made a decision not to vote.
revolution%20sells%202.jpg

Judge Bean

What is that, the wall of your room?

If 40% of the people were content to let the rest decide the election, it would appear that they made a conscious choice to allow others to do the work, and had resolved to abide by the result. This is both dangerous and typical; but at least the race was won by a clear margin.

The clear margin voting for the wrong candidate is not a threat to democracy, or not anywhere near as great a problem it would have been if Kerry had won Ohio. I believe he conceded quickly because he saw the looming Constitutional crisis if he actually won Ohio and Bush refused to give up the office-- both which could reasonably have happened. He demonstrated leadership of a presidential level, if only for a few hours.

But that's why we try to get these kind of people up there to vie for the office, so that the loser, whoever he or she is, is just as qualified as the winner. Kerry showed that he was when he put the Constitution above himself when he had the chance. Will Bush?

PyRo99

That is a rhetorical question Paul.

History makes its presance known, and Bush pushed his own lies, before our constiutional rights.

Judge Bean

Originally posted by PyRo99@Dec 15 2004, 08:04 PM
That is a rhetorical question Paul.

History makes its presance known, and Bush pushed his own lies, before our constiutional rights.

I don't get what you're saying. Do you mean that you can tell whether Bush will again break his vow to protect and defend the Constitution? I can't tell-- for all I know, there is some sort of shakeup going on in the White House, some kind of power struggle, and Bush has won it. I don't think he was completely in charge before, do you? Maybe he is now.

You're in history right now; you're it. Sorry.