Intentionally Moving to Another Dimension

KaitoNishijou

You implied that either energy is absent in systems not being acted upon or that a system needs energy input to move information, both of which are false.
Neurons in the brain send signals to one another and by doing so create and "activate" memories, if not then how does it occur?
Obviously you need energy since a body without energy is not a body but a corpse.

JackStagger

Neurons in the brain send signals to one another and by doing so create and "activate" memories, if not then how does it occur?
Obviously you need energy since a body without energy is not a body but a corpse.
Yes, but that is not specifically where you are mistaken in your initial comment and not what I addressed in my clarification. Matter is a form of energy, at least past high school conceptual physics and into modern quantum physics it is, and neurons are matter. Quantum physics is the rulebook, not a guidebook. Is it humanly possible what the OP is formulating, I don't know, but neither do you. Is it possible within the laws of the universe? Yes. That's my point, basically. Let her experiment in peace, it's no skin off our backs.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Yes, my evidence is the very simple understanding of memories, the brain and timetravel by itself. I have experience dealing with people who claimed to have time traveled or switched timelines and for all I know they were all frauds.

That sounds like an opinion, not evidence. Of course, you are entitled to your opinion.

Please refrain from using the term "soul" when discussing science as there is no proof of such thing's existence.
Memory is NOT energy therefore it cannot be transferred, it takes energy to "record" it and "run" it. Just like it takes a mascule energy to remember it's state after an exercise and to operate. But memories by themselves are built out of neurons meaning that they are physical matter thus they cannot move with you to a different timeline.

If a memory is physical matter, we should be able to yank them out of the brain. I believe you are confusing the matter on which it is recorded with the memory itself. Think of a hard drive. The hard drive is not the data itself. It is merely stored on it.

As for using the term "soul", well, I'm an avid believer in freedom of speech so I plan on using it. Thank you.

TimeFlipper

That sounds like an opinion, not evidence. Of course, you are entitled to your opinion.

If a memory is physical matter, we should be able to yank them out of the brain. I believe you are confusing the matter on which it is recorded with the memory itself. Think of a hard drive. The hard drive is not the data itself. It is merely stored on it.

As for using the term "soul", well, I'm an avid believer in freedom of speech so I plan on using it. Thank you.

Well said Paula..:D..

ASN

NO ONE has experienced timeline changes (Unless there's a timetravel on this forum :LOL:). You can't move to other bodies of yourself and retain memories from another timeline due to something called THE BRAIN.

Believe it or not memory takes space in our brain and so you can't remember other timelines if you have never experienced them with your own, very current body:eek:
Agreed. Also even if we ever did it I suspect the Butterfly Effect will do something to make that dimension more worse