Is An Ancient City Hidden Under Antarctica?

Kairos

I doubt they could have gotten all the material and people there in secret, much less without all that stuff getting sunk.

Also, though I do not pretend to be an expert on the logistical problems inherent in giant building projects on that continent, it seems to me the locations where a 1930s-1940s project could be landed are few, and the times they could accomplish such a landing also rare. To build stuff now, we'd airlift most of that material to where we wanted to build. In the 1930s, you'd have to roll up with an armada of freight ships, and then unload all the material piece-by-piece from the ships to the shore with smaller boats. Then you'd have to haul all the material from that staging area to the actual build site, which could be many miles inland. You'd need to bring a substantial amount of motorized equipment in addition to all the concrete mix and metal structural components.

TimeFlipper

I doubt they could have gotten all the material and people there in secret, much less without all that stuff getting sunk.

The Germans had dozens of available submarines and aircraft to take people and supplies to Antartica....Going back to the Me262 facility, the tunnel reinforcements they used was sand stone, which came from the area they were already within....It was the geometry of the tunnels that was the genius behind it, and the same could be applied under the ice, where the geometry of existing ice formations would be used :cool:..

Kairos

The Germans had dozens of available submarines and aircraft to take people and supplies to Antartica....Going back to the Me262 facility, the tunnel reinforcements they used was sand stone, which came from the area they were already within....It was the geometry of the tunnels that was the genius behind it, and the same could be applied under the ice, where the geometry of existing ice formations would be used :cool:..

Submarines could not move that much material, much less the size of various equipment and some of the beams, etc. Nor can you get that stuff out of a submarine easily once there. You need large freighters to move that kind of stuff, and that requires more boats and equipment to unload everything, assuming you can get the freighters close enough to shore, which implies quite a lot of ice breakers.

There European underground bases were built.. in Europe. With a supply chain that was short and resources right there. It's not really comparable. At all.

TimeFlipper

Submarines could not move that much material, much less the size of various equipment and some of the beams, etc. Nor can you get that stuff out of a submarine easily once there. You need large freighters to move that kind of stuff, and that requires more boats and equipment to unload everything, assuming you can get the freighters close enough to shore, which implies quite a lot of ice breakers.

There European underground bases were built.. in Europe. With a supply chain that was short and resources right there. It's not really comparable. At all.

You didnt read my previous posting properly...There would not be any "beams" required to support tunnels, i said the supports would be existing ice, arranged in a geometric pattern to form supports...The only stuff needed below ice would be clothing and basic supplies....My thoughts are that the Nazis began preparing the Antarctica base mid 1943, when they began to realise that things were not going too well in WW2 for them....Dont forget that the Me262 facility was built and operational within 10 months!!....German engineers were masters of building such structures, in superfast times!(y)..

Kairos

You didnt read my previous posting properly...There would not be any "beams" required to support tunnels, i said the supports would be existing ice, arranged in a geometric pattern to form supports...The only stuff needed below ice would be clothing and basic supplies....My thoughts are that the Nazis began preparing the Antarctica base mid 1943, when they began to realise that things were not going too well in WW2 for them....Dont forget that the Me262 facility was built and operational within 10 months!!....German engineers were masters of building such structures, in superfast times!(y)..

Ice has very little tensile strength. You can build caves inside of a large block of ice, but structures.. nah. Not something serious.

If we are talking 1930s here.. Most likely reinforced concrete would be used. You could ship in the mix in large freighters along with steel rods. Trucks would haul the material out from the staging area. You'd need to assemble some cranes on site.

Maybe it would be possible to use hot water jets or something to carve out the shapes in the ice and just use the ice itself as a mold for the cement, and then drive the rods in as it dries. Later you can clear out the interior of the space you built.

Not really sure, exactly, since I am not a structural engineer, but I know enough strength of materials to know I wouldn't build anything substantially load-bearing with ice.

TimeFlipper

Ice has very little tensile strength. You can build caves inside of a large block of ice, but structures.. nah. Not something serious.

I wasnt referring to Antarctica as having structures within it, i was merely endorsing the genius of the German Engineers and how they built the Me262 facility....Those same engineers would obviously have been used in Antarctica, and have used their Geometric skills for creating "Ice supports" for the tunnels, that i already mentioned in my previous posting..

Kairos

My salient point being that "ice supports" is a pretty bad idea just on the basis of strength of materials..

TimeFlipper

My salient point being that "ice supports" is a pretty bad idea just on the basis of strength of materials..

You dont have a salient point, you keep overlooking "Geometry" and Engineering Genius...But i will leave you to continue in your normal argumentative manner, i dont have any further interest in reading your comments, however you have the right to say what ever you wish to :p.

Kairos

You dont have a salient point, you keep overlooking "Geometry" and Engineering Genius...But i will leave you to continue in your normal argumentative manner, i dont have any further interest in reading your comments, however you have the right to say what ever you wish to :p.

You should look up the tensile strength of water ice.

MartinTower

@Kairos -I just think evolution is not the only answer; I believe aliens made hybrids out of themselves and early hominids.
The point is not if there is an alien civilization in Antarctica, it is what religion has this civilization and the answer is gnosticism. If you study gnosticism there is an hollow earth or Agarthi as a microcosm in the human body. Of what is made this microcosm of? Of imaginary substance so beneath the earth there are places with portals to an imaginary dimension with things that are thought fruit of mythological fantasy.
Gnosticism also talks a lot about blood and only few people had the lineage or blood to have access to this inner world. Unfortunately most failed and instead of accessing that plane and be eternal they fell and became destructive machines of the dark void.
That would be the explanation behind both nazism efforts for the dark and early christianity efforts for a church of the west and the east that never succeded.