Is Barbara Streisand the most ignorant person...

Unintentional

This is from her website today:
http://barbrastreisand.com/statements.html...usthavepatience
We Must Have Patience
...Barbra Streisand
Posted on November 8, 2004
In response to the results of the Presidential election last week, I would like to share with you a quote from Thomas Jefferson. Although written in 1798, I feel his words speak perfectly to the strong sentiments of frustration and disappointment 48% of the country feel.
\"A little patience, and we shall see the reign of witches pass over, their spells dissolve, and the people, recovering their true sight, restore their government to its true principles. It is true that in the meantime we are suffering deeply in spirit, and incurring the horrors of a war and long oppressions of enormous public debt......If the game runs sometimes against us at home we must have patience till luck turns, and then we shall have an opportunity of winning back the principles we have lost, for this is a game where principles are at stake.\"
What this totally ignorant woman, who is as great a politician as John McCain is a lounge singer, didn't or doesn't realize is that the "witches" Thomas J refers to are Massachusetts and Connecticut!!!

http://odur.let.rug.nl/~usa/P/tj3/writings...brf/jefl122.htm
Here is the entire letter:
The Letters of Thomas Jefferson: 1743-1826

PATIENCE AND THE REIGN OF WITCHES

*** Previous * Next ***

To John Taylor Philadelphia, June 4, 1798

I now inclose you Mr. Martin's patent. A patent had actually been made out on the first description, and how to get this suppressed and another made for a second invention, without a second fee, was the difficulty. I practised a little art in a case where honesty was really on our side, & nothing against us but the rigorous letter of the law, and having obtained the 1st specification and got the 2d put in its place, a second patent has been formed, which I now inclose with the first specification.

I promised you, long ago, a description of a mould board. I now send it; it is a press copy & therefore dim. It will be less so by putting a sheet of white paper behind the one you are reading. I would recommend to you first to have a model made of about 3 i. to the foot, or 1/4 the real dimensions, and to have two blocks, the 1'st of which, after taking out the pyramidal piece & sawing it crosswise above & below, should be preserved in that form to instruct workmen in making the large & real one. The 2'd block may be carried through all the operations, so as to present the form of the mould board complete. If I had an opportunity of sending you a model I would do it. It has been greatly approved here, as it has been before by some very good judges at my house, where I have used it for 5 years with entire approbation.

Mr. New shewed me your letter on the subject of the patent, which gave me an opportunity of observing what you said as to the effect with you of public proceedings, and that it was not unusual now to estimate the separate mass of Virginia and N. Carolina with a view to their separate existence. They are circumscribed within such narrow limits, & their population so full, that their numbers will ever be the minority, and they are marked, like the Jews, with such a peculiarity of character as to constitute from that circumstance the natural division of our parties. A little patience, and we shall see the reign of witches pass over, their spells dissolve, and the people, recovering their true sight, restore their government to it's true principles. It is true that in the mean time we are suffering deeply in spirit, and incurring the horrors of a war & long oppressions of enormous public debt. But who can say what would be the evils of a scission, and when & where they would end? Better keep together as we are, hawl off from Europe as soon as we can, & from all attachments to any portions of it. And if we feel their power just sufficiently to hoop us together, it will be the happiest situation in which we can exist. If the game runs sometimes against us at home we must have patience till luck turns, & then we shall have an opportunity of winning back the principles we have lost, for this is a game where principles are the stake. Better luck, therefore, to us all; and health, happiness, & friendly salutations to yourself.

Adieu.

P. S. It is hardly necessary to caution you to let nothing of mine get before the public. A single sentence, got hold of by the Porcupines, will suffice to abuse & persecute me in their papers for months.

Darkwolf

Clinton Striesand 08.

Unintentional

Would that be Chelsea and Barbara? :lol:

StarLord

It is interesting to note that back in 1798, the press was just as much the blood sucking scum as it is today. Some things Never change.

Unintentional

Besides him calling the press, "porky pines", to me the letter seemed that Thom J was lamanenting the norhteast, the way Red States lamanent the Blue states. He called the blue states wiches. :p

Judge Bean

Originally posted by Darkwolf@Nov 9 2004, 05:00 AM
Clinton Striesand 08.

Any intelligent Republican would want Barb at the top of the ticket.

StarLord

I don't know If I could take her music ghost written by Hillary.