Is it faith!

greeneyes6

In my life I've been in 3 really bad car accident but I wasn't driving!
And in each accident one person died and the rest of us was in bad shape but we survived some how as the years go by I can't stop thinking is it faith that each car accident I survive......
What do you guys think about this?

label

In my life I had virtually no luck, I cannot find/keep a job I cannot complete my studies due to learning disorder BUT when it counts I survive much like you but not nearly as bad. I was never in a situation where true life and death was a reality. That said I escaped very narrowly always seemingly "lucky" that "that" car just mist me or I just saw that trouble in time.

So yes it is faith, something is taking care of us and we need to see it for what it is. For most people faith is a source of debate and others just ignore it and others will deny it but here we are knowing that YES there is something and that Someone is looking out for us.

Now it is easy to point a finger at a bad situation and say why this and that. Truth is and we know this is things will happen because we live in a world that wants to "hurt" life and not be a part of anything "good".

But it is faith none the less in my book anyway.

PoisonApple

Badass ☆。*♡✧*。
Zenith
I'm confused...Was it your faith that spared your life? Faith in what, God? I don't understand, surely Christians get killed in car accidents... Do you mean was it "fate" that you were spared and the others were killed?

Sunny0102

I had two near death experiences in my life. The first one I had I was drowning in the family pool. One second I was drowning, I mean water was filling my lungs everything was going black drowning. Then a split second later I was on the shallow end of the pool. As if nothing happened.

I don't know how to explain that one. Divine intervention? Did I shift into a timeline where I hadn't died and I wasn't supposed to be able to recall drowning? I don't even know anymore. It definitely made me sure of the fact that there's more to life than just this, aside from all the other weird things I've had happen to me in my life. Sometimes I feel like I've been living life in The Twilight Zone. :confused:

wyldberi

I've been through a number of "life threatening" experiences; can't say they were all near death experiences, as that implies a series of experiences that I can't say I remember having at the time. But amongst those, there were at least two or three that probably qualify as being of the near death type.

One was a drowning in a lake during a summer when I was growing up. There were two of us were canoeing; it tipped over. At the time I wasn't a strong swimmer; I struggled for a while, then I was going down and there was no going up. The other person who had spilled out the other side of the canoe somehow managed to grab hold of me and pulled me to the surface.

Another such experience took place during one of the car wrecks I've been in. I've had the dubious pleasure or honor of surviving four car wrecks that totaled the vehicle I was driving. In three, I had no passenger with me and two were caused by the other driver. The one wreck that was my fault occurred along a dark country road in the wee hours of the morning and involved no other vehicle or persons. The one involving a head on collision was a near death experience; I knew I was dead before the vehicles collided.

Instead, I walked away with strained and sore neck muscles; whiplash, I suppose. There was a bruise on the instep of my right foot where it slammed onto the brake pedal hard enough that the force bent the steel rod that connected the pedal to the brake assembly backward by about 45-degrees. There were also bruises on both of my forearms where I'd braced them against the steering wheel and managed to prevent my torso from being impaled on the steering column.

When I think about this, it still bugs me that in the split second before the two vehicles collided I managed to come up with the one thing I could do to protect my body from what was about to take place. Was it just instinct, or something else? I don't know.

Something stranger happened in my other wreck where I had one passenger with me. We were struck by three other cars. This was the only accident that caused significant, lasting injuries to my body. My passenger was not injured, and the incident involved no near death experience for me. The strangeness entered the scene just before the accident happened.

My previous experiences have understandably trained me to be very aware of the traffic around me and any movement that catches my eye while I'm driving.

On this evening, I crossed a bridge and topped a hill. In front of me on the down side of that hill, there was on-coming traffic and traffic in my lane that was stopped in front of me. When I'm driving and have to slow down or stop, I always check my rear view mirrors to see what's going on behind me.

The first car to strike mine topped the same hill and came up rapidly from behind and rear-ended mine. The collision shoved my car into the car stopped in front of me, then slammed into mine again. The Suburban following the car that had hit mine came over the hill, and the process repeated itself.

What was odd about that wreck was that just before being struck the first time, my eerie experience antenna was going off. That's the feeling you get that forces you to turn around because it feels like some unknown person or entity is watching you. In my case, I didn't look around; I didn't check my mirrors. I just sat there. Actually, I didn't just sit there. Something inside myself actively stopped me from responding to the situation out of habit.

My typical response to seeing a fast moving car speeding toward me while I'm stopped would be to jerk the steering wheel to the right and jam the gas pedal to the floor. I could have done that; I could have driven up over the curb and onto the sidewalk and probably avoided that accident. But that wasn't what I did. Instead, even though I wasn't watching, I let those cars coming from behind hit mine.

Things happen. At times, the things that happen are life-changing.

We like to think we're in control of our lives. When things happen that are out of our control, we have to come up with reasons to explain what happened so that we can go back to feeling like we're in control of our lives.

Angels, spiritual beings, telepathic connections? Perhaps. Unconscious or instinctual responses? Absolutely. Is there any way of knowing what's actually going on? Probably not. I tend to think of my being here is collecting experiences that happen, and my responses to those experiences, and that at some point that experience will be transferred or translated to some other reality. When that happens, "I" -- my consciousness -- may sense some sort of personal identification with the memory or the record of those experiences. That's as far as I think any of us can hope to get with figuring out what's going on. Anything more is a head game we play with ourselves. The games help us feel like we're in control.

wyldberi

It's not your time to go. You haven't fulfilled your purpose.

That's the basic conclusion I choose to believe.

There is a hard wired neurological "instinct" for survival that can account for the actions people take in some situations. In other situations, a person may have an emotional or intellectual attachment to some aspect of their life that causes them to react in a manner that preserves their life; this is a scenario that does not necessitate any higher purpose for one's life such as you refer to.

I can't say that I believe every person has a grand purpose in the grand scheme of things; I'm not saying that there are persons who have no such purpose. I simply don't know.

Then, there are explanations that involve the question of one's "purpose" in this life, call it destiny or any other name you like. If I did choose to incarnate into this existence to collect experiences, then that could qualify as a purpose having a personal focus that plays no particularly important role in the design of the universe. This could induce an individual to martial the resources needed to survive dangers and threats it faced, with or without any spiritual or metaphysical intervention by outside forces.

Finally, there's are the explanations that have to take into account those individuals upon whom the unfolding of history along a specific progression depends. I would suppose the universe lends itself to the creation of individuals whose personal destiny overlaps with the consensual reality of the day in a very significant fashion. These individuals, I suppose, would have a "direct line" to heaven, or whatever; they would be monitored and spirits or entities would be available and waiting to intervene to prevent some unwarranted tragedy that would otherwise ensue.

There's no way I would place myself in that last group of individuals.

The existence of those persons and the special treatment accorded to them does not preclude similar actions taken by the same forces on behalf of the least amongst us.

At least, those are my thoughts for today. Tomorrow, they may change to something different.

Sunny0102

I can't say that I believe every person has a grand purpose in the grand scheme of things; I'm not saying that there are persons who have no such purpose. I simply don't know.

Someone once told me they learned a theory that out of all the people in the world, ~1% are Conscious Beings, the rest are Simulations. I found that interesting since the majority of the people I've known in life seem to be just floating around, preprogrammed.

If anyone has heard this before and knows where it originated from, please let me know. I'd really like to look more into it, whether it's true or not, it's pretty interesting.

wyldberi

The old Art Bell program may have featured the theme of "walk-ins" periodically. I believe the New Age guru Drunvalo claimed to have been a walk-in. Walk-Ins are supposed to be spiritual beings that manage to convince humans to surrender the use of their bodies to the disembodied entity. I believe the story went that the person's soul was freed to explore new realities while the entity inhabited the body from that time forward.

There was a woman named Karla Turner who worked with abductees for quite a few years. Her field was the hidden agenda of the aliens present on earth, primarily the greys:

In part of the lecture above, she states one reason for the abductions and gynecological examinations performed on human females involved the creation of clones of individuals. She stated some abductees that experienced multiple abductions over a period of years and later recovered memories of their abductions reported they had been warned to obey the commands given to them by the aliens, or their cloned bodies would be returned to the abduction point in their place. These women reported having been shown their own cloned bodies.

Academic institutions teach that most of earth's creatures are born with elaborate instinctual patterns ingrained in their neural system. These regulate the majority of the creature's behavior patterns. The human organism on the other hands is supposedly born as a blank slate. In this line of understanding, we have neural structures that regulate biological processes, a predisposition to learn languages and skills for interspecies communication, and higher cognitive functions that allow for symbolic reasoning, mathematical computations, and a sense of curiosity about the world and how it works. We have a herd instinct that is responsible for the societies we create, and a propensity to create religious systems.

I have no problem accepting this. In the same vein, humans undergo an extensive period of socialization. This includes acculturation into the consensual reality this is so blatantly manipulated through the propaganda spread through Fox News these days. The manipulation was more subtle when I was growing up, but the purpose and effect was the same: I was trained, and I learned to disbelieve what my senses and intuition told me. I learned to depend upon external authorities and submit my will to such external authorities.

Our culture is designed to suppress our human individuality so that we become content to lead lives that resemble the roles worker ants and worker bees play in their social hierarchies. This would account for why so few individuals amongst us might be considered "conscious." Living within self-made prisons, there are many souls that would choose differently for themselves, if they could. I would say there are quite a few who have "ears to hear" as recorded in the Bible. For these individuals, there awaits a moment that speaks to them that would awaken them to a different reality. As individuals, we all have the opportunity to play a part in this awakening of other souls. Usually it happens during chance encounters when we are least expecting any such interaction. At those moments we're able to act without invoking our mundane thoughts and worries; for a moment our inner being gets out of the way and we're able to act independently.

The "Matrix" series of movies gives an interesting overview of such a theme.