Is it possible for the internet to be haunted?

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
If a ghost is energy, I don't see why it couldn't travel the wires and produce signals, but wouldn't it have to know binary to communicate via computer?

Yes, a ghost would have to know binary, but being that some supposedly can send signals via FM (frequency modulation), it doesn't seem that far fetched.

Well, if a computer speaker, digital recorder, etc. can pick up other frequencies/ghost voices, then yes, a ghost can use that medium to communicate. If that is what makes it haunted, then the answer is yes. :)

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I think that spywares and virus can somehow be considered a form of haunting when looking at the Internet.

They're not ghosts though, they're just programs.

Spyware and viruses are artificial intelligence, written to perform certain tasks under certain conditions. They aren't spirits.....that we know of...... :eek:

Wind7

Staff
The 'haunted net' idea isn't new. Afaik, true evidence doesn't exist without rational explaint.

RHYS

All I remember is how I freaked the f**k out yrs ago when I saw my first video advertisement across my PC screen. Guess I inadvertently clicked it to start. I jumped up & closed the door to my room, woke the wife up LOL. Yeehaw it was probably like the 1st man to see "moving pictures"! I was afraid it could see me hahaha

Wind7

Staff
With 1 connection to a haunted source, could make a clear path(?). It's a good question.
The 'haunted net' idea isn't new. Afaik, true evidence doesn't exist without rational explaint. (??)

Sorry for the posts from my (100 character-only) phone replies....here's what I wanted to post;

I was part of an actual investigation where the individual started receiving demonic/ghostly
images on a laptop DURING the investigation...because there were no IP addresses revealing an actual
source of the images...It was just ruled out as another 'un-explainable event' or a faulty PC as the rational
explanation.

It was later asked that 'IF' electronics can be affected by residential occurrances (un-sheilded wiring,
radio signals, un-secured wi-fi systems...etc.) could something have caused these images to occur? I went with the Wi-Fi scenario.

A pc is basically an electronic device. You can figure out the rest.
I've witnessed electronics become faulty and batteries being depleted of energy
during an investigation...more than once.

The internet itself haunted? No. IMHO.

But if a direct connection via the net is created to an actual haunted environment, could a spirit
travel through THAT connection? That is a good question.

Is there any evidence of this happening?

TimeFlipper

Ater being on a popular chat site for mature people, i began to realise that there were times when i was looking down the chat name list, and being drawn to a particular chat name..

A few seconds after this happened, that particular person i was drawn too actually did send me a pm...
I likened this to the occasions when most of us have had a sudden thought that a particular person was going to phone us, and sure enough a few seconds later they would phone us....

I would say that about 70% of the time i knew that a particular chatter would send me a pm, so i decided to call this event Telepathy Over Internet Protocol (TOIP)...

Telephones and the internet are all connected via electricity, and therefore its the electrical component that can "carry" all the telepathic messages we send out over those two mediums..and others.

Having regularly experienced the chat site scenario, it wouldnt be impossible for a very evil person who is is very adept at using their minds to target people they hate, but in this case using it over the internet..
The aftermath of this would be that the electrical component of the internet would somehow retain that evil persons internet "signature" and when we happen to log onto areas that he or she have been on...we can feel a sort of evil psychic stench coming from them...This is not to say those areas are evil, but just the fact that an evil person has been there......But I Could Be Hopelessly Wrong..

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith

Yep. I was on a group investigation of a light house. ALL of our devices went dead at the same time as soon as we entered the lighthouse. I'm talking EVERYONE'S.

Mike Burke

With 1 connection to a haunted source, could make a clear path(?). It's a good question.
The 'haunted net' idea isn't new. Afaik, true evidence doesn't exist without rational explaint. (??)

Sorry for the posts from my (100 character-only) phone replies....here's what I wanted to post;

I was part of an actual investigation where the individual started receiving demonic/ghostly
images on a laptop DURING the investigation...because there were no IP addresses revealing an actual
source of the images...It was just ruled out as another 'un-explainable event' or a faulty PC as the rational
explanation.

It was later asked that 'IF' electronics can be affected by residential occurrances (un-sheilded wiring,
radio signals, un-secured wi-fi systems...etc.) could something have caused these images to occur? I went with the Wi-Fi scenario.

But if a direct connection via the net is created to an actual haunted environment, could a spirit

Was the individual who received these images on the lap top when of the investigators, or one of the clients?

Wind7

Staff

explanation.

Was the individual who received these images on the lap top when of the investigators, or one of the clients?

Client.

Mike Burke

[

Yep. I was on a group investigation of a light house. ALL of our devices went dead at the same time as soon as we entered the lighthouse. I'm talking EVERYONE'S.

Could you tell us where this happened, and what group you were with?