Is Jesus Azizus Monobaz?

Sanyam Deshi

I'm not sure that study is completely accurate. There are an estimated 1.2 billion members of Catholicism, 800 million members of Protestantism, and 225-300 million members of Eastern Orthodoxy. The accuracy of the study also depends on how it is conducted. You are very clear about what you define as "problem Christians," and I am in agreement with a majority of your descriptions. How did the study test for these "problematic" characteristics? Were there large numbers of people in the sample size? Did the sample stretch across many branches of Christianity? Were participants located in a place that increased the probability that they would be problematic? Perhaps I can't speak for all Christians. I am a Catholic and I have only ever gone to Catholic masses. Quite frequently, the priest will include in his homily a reminder to the congregation to live out their lives in faith with many specifics about how we should be tolerant and show many other positive qualities toward other people. Meanwhile, small divisions like the Westboro Baptist Church are 100% problematic. I'm not that knowledgeable in many of the divisions of Protestantism, but if there are more that teach among these lines, I can understand why the numbers might be higher than I initially expected.

Also, regarding your specific biblical example of contradiction, I'm no expert on Biblical interpretation. Though, his topic has been discussed before in other locations, so perhaps I can refer you to those if you are truly curious about our perspective. I scanned through a thread on another forum and there seemed to be some sufficient explanations within it.
Help with Isaiah 7:14 - Catholic Answers Forums

AAA

Since previously posting on this thread, I have discovered yet another question regarding the identity and story of 'Jesus'. For anyone interested, I recommend researching "Jesus Ben Pantera" and "Jesus Ben Stada".

Yeshu Ben Pandira/Pantera ( ישו בן פודירא ) was mentioned in the Talmud as the illegitimate son of Mary, who was wife to Joseph. Apparently, Joseph kicked Mary to the curb for cheating on him and getting pregnant by a roman soldier named Pantera. Pantera's body was found buried in Germany.

Yeshu Ben Stada ( ישו בן סטדא ) was the bastard son of a woman who was good at weaving or plaiting hair and rope, hence "Stada". He was accused of sorcery learned from Egypt, as well as pursuing or having an inappropriate relationship with a married woman. He was crucified by stoning.

I have yet to research this to the extent of my own satisfaction, but found it most interesting and thought I would share.