Is there an ancient quarry near Monument Valley?

Wind7

Staff
Basalt is fairly common and some of the scenery in the YouTube video you posted at around the 3:27 mark,
you can see the edges of where the ancient waters eroded away the rock.

One of the most common rocks in Earth's outer surface, or crust, is a dark, heavy, fine-grained igneous rock called basalt.
Basalt, which is relatively rich in iron and magnesium, makes up most of the ocean floor.
~ Nov 16, 2015

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
They look cut. Too bad Harte isn't here anymore. I bet he'd know. I don't know rocks and minerals, so I'm no help, but they look too perfect. I tried doing a search, but all I come up with is how to cut rocks for landscaping edges.

But if you look at the long grains on the stone, it kind of makes you think that it could naturally detach that way when eroding.

Any scientists out there?

steven chiverton

where is harte anyhow havnt seen him in lately or for a while water erosion i dont really buy that as the acidity of water millions of years ago isnt known and it be more like wet sand blasted erosion using high acid level dinosaur urine and wet sand

MODAT7

Trying to think back to geology class... Those are probably natural even though they don't look it. We don't have the technology to cut large blocks that cleanly. Extreme freeze/thaw cycles in the desert can weaken and crack blocks. If those blocks really were cut, that would imply some kind of gravity sheer technology. :paranormalis:

I wouldn't mind using blocks that size for house foundation stones.

8thsinner

Trying to think back to geology class... Those are probably natural even though they don't look it. We don't have the technology to cut large blocks that cleanly. Extreme freeze/thaw cycles in the desert can weaken and crack blocks. If those blocks really were cut, that would imply some kind of gravity sheer technology. :paranormalis:

I wouldn't mind using blocks that size for house foundation stones.
That doesn't mean the technology wasn't there before, and even todays known public technology, just think fiber laser only more powerful...not a stretch in the slightest.
As for carrying them, i'd be guessing same gravity tech as egypt.

8thsinner

My question would be, what were they planning on building that they didn't, where?, and why there?.
Unless maybe they did already and theres some lost monument nearby, or one that was later destroyed.
I suspect a closer inspection of the ley lines in the area would reveal some powerful cross overs within maybe 500 miles.

MODAT7

I'll clarify in saying that "modern" human technology couldn't do it. The rocks look more split than actually cut. The splits only happen at the edges of the cliffs, so weight stress fracturing is highly likely. While they are mostly rectangular, they aren't entirely, and their sizes aren't consistent. There are some hexagonal pillar type rocks somewhere in the British Isles that also seem to defy explanation, but they're volcanic in nature.

The missing superstructures are another big key that these are natural. That would be something really hard to hide. The uneven block sizes wouldn't be very useful for building.

Those are still some great pictures.

On the conspiracy side, it would be more likely that an alien superweapon struck that area in more of a grid pattern and shocked the rocks apart.

8thsinner

I'll clarify in saying that "modern" human technology couldn't do it. The rocks look more split than actually cut. The splits only happen at the edges of the cliffs, so weight stress fracturing is highly likely. While they are mostly rectangular, they aren't entirely, and their sizes aren't consistent. There are some hexagonal pillar type rocks somewhere in the British Isles that also seem to defy explanation, but they're volcanic in nature.

The missing superstructures are another big key that these are natural. That would be something really hard to hide. The uneven block sizes wouldn't be very useful for building.

Those are still some great pictures.

On the conspiracy side, it would be more likely that an alien superweapon struck that area in more of a grid pattern and shocked the rocks apart.
I think the unevenness is due to the years they have been sitting there unfinished. There is a very clear grid pattern laid out on the land above. As water soaks in, freezes at night and expands, it would be enough to sheer them apart eventually and let them fall loose from the sides, where it appears to my eyes to be more complete a job. The stuff on land more it looks like the soil has been soaked in and eroded things but in more of a slow wedging v shape leaving less than perfectly symmetrical patterns on top. But the centre line of the tops is still as perfect as you could get.